WTB: 997.1 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 02:10 PM
TheInfamousDrew
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: 997.1 GT3

Hey guys,
I'm casually looking to see if anyone is looking to sell their GT3.
At this point I say casually because I would still have to relist my Turbo and find a buyer.

I'm looking for a 997.1 with less than 40> miles.
This will be a daily driver for me so I don't mind a few miles as long as it's been well cared for.

Looking to spend up to $80k

Colors: Yellow, Red, Black or any other unique/PTS colors.

Wants:
Pinned/welded coolant lines
PCCBs
Carbon buckets
Mods are good in my book

Let me know what you have.

Thanks
Drew
Old 09-05-2015, 12:46 AM
NAM VET
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am no authority on GT3 prices, having bought our own a year ago. But i think your goals for what you want and feel ready to pay may not meet in the middle. I had my engine dropped for welding of the coolant pipes and other consumables replaced, for about $4K. If you want a car that meet your wishes and has no "stories" or history, it may be a bit of a wait for you. I paid $84K then put the 4$K more for the above. But be read to move when what you want comes up, they don't last long.

Wish you well and good luck with your search

all the best...
Old 09-05-2015, 01:36 AM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by NAM VET
I am no authority on GT3 prices, having bought our own a year ago. But i think your goals for what you want and feel ready to pay may not meet in the middle. I had my engine dropped for welding of the coolant pipes and other consumables replaced, for about $4K. If you want a car that meet your wishes and has no "stories" or history, it may be a bit of a wait for you. I paid $84K then put the 4$K more for the above. But be read to move when what you want comes up, they don't last long.

Wish you well and good luck with your search

all the best...
Agree, you won't find a car like that for anything less than high $80s, and if you find one that has all of your wish list items including GT2 folding buckets, which were never offered in the US for the 997.1 GT3, you're gonna be closer to $100k.

I would suggest you buy the best car you can for your budget, and gradually add things later. $80k will probably get you a clean, stock car with the basic interior (non-leather, OEM sport seats) and steel brakes with 30-40k miles.
Old 09-05-2015, 04:41 AM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Guest89
Agree, you won't find a car like that for anything less than high $80s, and if you find one that has all of your wish list items including GT2 folding buckets, which were never offered in the US for the 997.1 GT3, you're gonna be closer to $100k.

I would suggest you buy the best car you can for your budget, and gradually add things later. $80k will probably get you a clean, stock car with the basic interior (non-leather, OEM sport seats) and steel brakes with 30-40k miles.
Agree. My car check box's all those OP requirements + warranty for another 2 years and I wouldn't sell it for anything under low/mid 90s', IF i was selling.
Old 09-05-2015, 05:01 AM
TheInfamousDrew
Racer

Thanks guys.
I agree as well. The "wants" list should be a more of a "wish list".

I've seen two recently that were pretty stock (maybe a few things done), had iron brakes and were in the price range I'm looking at so I figured I'd see if anyone else might be looking to sell.
Old 09-05-2015, 09:07 AM
NAM VET
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am not sure how to tell the actual carbon bucket seats from the less expensive look-alike Porsche GT2 seats, like came with my car. My seat backs seem to have the glossy weave of carbon, but have the side airbags, which I don't think the European buckets have. Mine fold of course. I would be curious to examine them side by side, as mine sure look like carbon fiber.

I have not seen a detailed description of the differences between the two, nor seen the European seats. Mine are all leather, not Alcantara. I would add that the seats are supremely comfortable even for hours driving; somehow, the angle and padding Porsche decided to put on the seats must just be perfect, at least for me. They do require a bit of a leavering of my butt to get in and out of the seats, not very svelte at all. If one is a bit broad of beam, they could be a tight fit. My waist is 40 or so inches, and I fit fine. The folding back is absolutely necessary if one wants to put or retrieve anything from the rear compartment, or clean the rear window. They are easy to remove and re-install though. Four Torx bolts and a wire or two. let me try a picture:

Old 09-05-2015, 11:11 AM
LateBraking
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TheInfamousDrew
Hey guys,
I'm casually looking to see if anyone is looking to sell their GT3.
At this point I say casually because I would still have to relist my Turbo and find a buyer.

I'm looking for a 997.1 with less than 40> miles.
This will be a daily driver for me so I don't mind a few miles as long as it's been well cared for.

Looking to spend up to $80k

Colors: Yellow, Red, Black or any other unique/PTS colors.

Wants:
Pinned/welded coolant lines
PCCBs
Carbon buckets
Mods are good in my book

Let me know what you have.

Thanks
Drew
Yeah, a 997.1 GT3 under 40k miles will 75k+, then the coolant line job is around 1.5-3k in labor depending on if motor is dropped for pinning (a solid 3k if you drop your motor and get the Sharkwerks stainless steel elbows, don't want that "couple millimeter thick" plastic tube to crack and leak fluid).

GT2 buckets are around 6-7k on the used market. Not sure how much the GT3 or Carrera GT seats are going for right now. (I'd get the GT2 folding buckets though, I have em and love em.) Not sure on the PCCB's but that will probably put you over. You'll probably want at least a Guard Transmission LSD rebuild as well, which will factor in another 3k or so, 1.7k for parts and around 1-1.5k in labor.

You probably want to just stay 10k flexible with that wish list of yours to give yourself more breathing room. That, or just get one without anything and do it yourself! Fun in the journey. Take a road trip up to TPC and have them work on your car. Tom and Mike at TPC are

Nam, correct me if I am wrong (so I can learn!), but aren't the GT2 seats carbon fiber? I thought it was GT3 seats that had either a carbon or non-carbon (black fiberglass-backed) option?

Those blue Schroth harnesses look amazing inside your white car.
Old 09-05-2015, 11:18 AM
jackb911
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by LateBraking
Yeah, a 997.1 GT3 under 40k miles will be around 70-75k
Ummm....on what planet?
Old 09-05-2015, 11:19 AM
LateBraking
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jackb911
Ummm....on what planet?
Re-reading, I could have phrased that a lot better too. I was thinking in my head "at best at 40-50k miles you might get one for 75k dollars."

Ignore me. I'm tired. Good morning. lol *accepts a coffee from Jackb911*
Old 09-05-2015, 11:26 AM
jackb911
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 55 Posts

No offense intended, but yes, prices are up from a year ago for nice examples.

But the true value is what a buyer is willing to pay. Value is based on condition, mileage and history.

There are definitely cars out there at at or below $75 K with one or more of the above not being a "10"

Apologies for being a smarta**. I need another cup of coffee!
Old 09-05-2015, 12:22 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 107 Posts
Default WTB: 997.1 GT3

Nam - those are gt2 carbon seats you have already

Non folding GCT seats are the 12k + ones

It's a nice wish list, I'd buy another one at that price level just to keep as investment
Old 09-05-2015, 04:17 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,630 Posts

NVet, yes I concur with Apower taht you have genuine GT2 buckets in your car. Those are great seats and worth about 7k right now. I've got the same set in my car, although with Alcantara inserts.
Old 09-05-2015, 10:00 PM
NorthVan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jackb911
Ummm....on what planet?
I sold my 20k mile car for slightly above that.
Old 09-08-2015, 10:50 AM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by NorthVan
I sold my 20k mile car for slightly above that.
Canadian cars seem to go for less. Your car was also pretty hardcore modded so not as attractive to non track guys that just want to wash it and drive it to the grocery store (aka garage queen)
Old 09-09-2015, 12:08 PM
NorthVan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
Canadian cars seem to go for less. Your car was also pretty hardcore modded so not as attractive to non track guys that just want to wash it and drive it to the grocery store (aka garage queen)
My car was a US Car originally and is a US car today. The OP said mods are good.

Quick Reply: WTB: 997.1 GT3