Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Billstein clubsport

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 08:16 PM
gorichville
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Billstein clubsport

Have anyone tried Billstein Clubsport for their cars and can they describe the difference between this and the standard shocks. Is it worth the price?
Old 08-30-2015, 09:48 PM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts
Default Billstein clubsport

Drove the sharkwerks 4.1 which has them. Great shock. Install and forget about it. This is what the gt3 should have come with. Much more responsive, the ride isn't harsh at all and removed all the bouncing feel u get when going over expansion joints etc. best way to describe it is much more confidence inspiring. I ultimately chose to go with jrz da's as I wanted a track shock and the adjustability. Clubsport is good for those that are street with occasional fun track day.
Old 09-01-2015, 08:51 AM
RobT 394
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

Gen 1 cars are more responsive, less jumpy and a lot more fun to drive with aftermarket dampers. It is one of the major upgrades on the Gen 2 cars. Cannot speak for the clubsports, MCS have been fantastic and highly recommended.

Many brands out there. Pick a brand your shop will support and enjoy.
Old 09-08-2015, 03:52 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

I had B16's on my 997.1RS. They were a little stiff when lowered. But the PASM still worked enough to live with it.
If you keep them Euro height or higher they should be decent. TPC Racing make a supposed module for them to make them a little better but the jury is still out.

They make the car feel more like a track car, but they are not as good as tuneable track shocks.

I have my set on the stash for when my 997 turbo suspension finally fades away.

Quick Reply: Billstein clubsport