Old 09-06-2015, 08:16 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 544 Likes on 314 Posts
Default BBi Autosport Porsche Billet Coolant Pipe Welding Service

Originally Posted by ymc226
I infrequently come to this or any other Porsche forum but just realized that this is a potential problem on my 2007 GT3.

Can my local dealer (Ray Catena in NJ or Princeton Porsche) pin or weld?

If not can you suggest any local expert shops?

I'm in Central New Jersey (Princeton) near Philly.

Since I drive it only a few thousand miles yearly and will be moving to Los Angeles/Santa Monica in a few years, is there any shop there that you would be confident that they would do a good job?

Hi YMC226,

Coolant pipe failure is an inevitable problem with the Porsche GT1-block equipped models (GT3, GT2, Turbo). Bonded together by adhesives, the factory pipes will eventually fail and be catastrophic.

As the best preventative fix/solution for this problem, BBi Autosport offers replacement billet aluminum coolant pipes to be permanently welded. Compared to the factory fittings, the replacement BBi billet fittings offers superior metallurgy to allow stronger, higher quality welds.

We offer this complete service at our facility from start to finish. For clients that are not local like yourself, we work with many dealerships and shops throughout the US to have the parts shipped to us for the welding service.

Despite this being the best solution for the problem, the biggest caveat is being able to properly weld the fittings. It requires proper preparation and skill. We developed special tools here to pressure test each set for for leaks prior to shipping.

Here are some pictures of the entire process below. Please contact us at Jerry@BBiAutosport.com or Sales@BBiAutosport.com for all questions and inquiries!

Removing the engine

Disassembling the top end

Removing the factory fittings that are held together with adhesive

Time to weld on replacement BBi Autosport billet fittings

- Jerry@BBiAutosport.com

Bringing Passion, Artistry, Craft to the Porsche Tuning Industry
Southern California's Porsche Performance Tuning, Engine Development,
ECU Software Tuning, Custom Fabrication, Race Preparation & Factory Service Center
Website: www.bbiautosport.com Email: sales@bbiautosport.com Phone: (714) 843-0200
Follow Us On: Facebook & Instagram
Old 06-22-2019, 04:45 PM
Frostvr4
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BBiAutosport
Hi YMC226,

Coolant pipe failure is an inevitable problem with the Porsche GT1-block equipped models (GT3, GT2, Turbo). Bonded together by adhesives, the factory pipes will eventually fail and be catastrophic.

As the best preventative fix/solution for this problem, BBi Autosport offers replacement billet aluminum coolant pipes to be permanently welded. Compared to the factory fittings, the replacement BBi billet fittings offers superior metallurgy to allow stronger, higher quality welds.

We offer this complete service at our facility from start to finish. For clients that are not local like yourself, we work with many dealerships and shops throughout the US to have the parts shipped to us for the welding service.

Despite this being the best solution for the problem, the biggest caveat is being able to properly weld the fittings. It requires proper preparation and skill. We developed special tools here to pressure test each set for for leaks prior to shipping.

Here are some pictures of the entire process below. Please contact us at Jerry@BBiAutosport.com or Sales@BBiAutosport.com for all questions and inquiries!

Removing the engine

Disassembling the top end

Removing the factory fittings that are held together with adhesive

Time to weld on replacement BBi Autosport billet fittings

- Jerry@BBiAutosport.com
Hey, I'm interested in this. I would have to ship the parts to you for welding, can I get all of the info please?

- Jorge
Old 06-24-2019, 02:09 PM
silviaks
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

After looking at those pictures again. I always wonder why the block and the connection was designed this way? Is it for ease of assembly in the factory?

Quick Reply: Coolant pipes pinned/welded by dealer?