Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

New GT4 Pure Race Track Version

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 12:53 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
My brain is still wired for a three pedal car. Last night I was in the GT3 on a surface street and some idiot in front of me slams on his brakes, wanting to make a lane change. Both feet went for the brake and clutch (two feet in!). Obviously, there isn't a clutch in this car, so both feet ended up on the brake pedal, causing me to do an unintended emergency stop.
I do this all the time. And with the number of rental cars i drive, with 2 of 3 of my cars being porsche, i am always reaching for the left side of the steering wheel to start/stop the car. LoL
Old 03-08-2015, 01:00 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy

Put something that revs to 8.2K, 430-450hp, and has a bit more rubber....and a hydraulic rack and done. Deposit moved.
AKA the non neutered GT4...

Originally Posted by mooty
u got to give a chance
I won't replace my h pattern but the paddle isn't what ppl think. not everyone shifts paddle smoothly. not everyone use left foot braking. now the brake becomes a real tool to set up the car.

I'm very anti tech. then one day I decoded to try paddle and electronic shifting on bikes.... I realozed time has moved on...

keep a few h patterns, I just bight several h pattern rs last week. but then I will look forward to new stuff.
Look forward to it, have my doubts but will try and keep the sweet shifting RSA.

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
If ... IF... the GT4 was a weekend toy (in other words, I kept my 'beater' car, my 991 GT3), then YES, I would whole heartedly get the GT4. However, I cannot afford another car, nor do I have space to garage it.

My brain is still wired for a three pedal car. Last night I was in the GT3 on a surface street and some idiot in front of me slams on his brakes, wanting to make a lane change. Both feet went for the brake and clutch (two feet in!). Obviously, there isn't a clutch in this car, so both feet ended up on the brake pedal, causing me to do an unintended emergency stop.
I switch back and forth and recalibrate pretty quickly for street driving but on track it's going to be weird.....

Originally Posted by Spyerx
I do this all the time. And with the number of rental cars i drive, with 2 of 3 of my cars being porsche, i am always reaching for the left side of the steering wheel to start/stop the car. LoL
Haha same here..
Old 03-08-2015, 02:14 PM
997s07
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
u got to give a chance
I won't replace my h pattern but the paddle isn't what ppl think. not everyone shifts paddle smoothly. not everyone use left foot braking. now the brake becomes a real tool to set up the car.

I'm very anti tech. then one day I decoded to try paddle and electronic shifting on bikes.... I realozed time has moved on...

keep a few h patterns, I just bight several h pattern rs last week. but then I will look forward to new stuff.
So what if I left foot brake when driving spirited, and I do. It's much more difficult when having to adjust the pressure while one needs to use a clutch also.

I had a F430 and that I learned to shift smoothly.

I don't know, still need more to understand the engagement of a PDK.
Old 03-08-2015, 03:29 PM
Speeds5
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 87 Posts

PDK takes a lot of skills, you have to pull the left index finger and the right index fingers to change gears. You know how much brain power that takes? You can't even comprehend that's how complicated it is.

Originally Posted by 997s07
So what if I left foot brake when driving spirited, and I do. It's much more difficult when having to adjust the pressure while one needs to use a clutch also.

I had a F430 and that I learned to shift smoothly.

I don't know, still need more to understand the engagement of a PDK.
Old 03-08-2015, 04:18 PM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 344 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by Speeds5
PDK takes a lot of skills, you have to pull the left index finger and the right index fingers to change gears. You know how much brain power that takes? You can't even comprehend that's how complicated it is.
Just to expand on this, all you 3 pedal goons only change gears with one hand! When you get good, you can use two hands to flip the paddles. Also, when you think about it paddle sounds a lot like pedal but it has more. And better.
Old 03-08-2015, 04:42 PM
Speeds5
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 87 Posts

We're not worthy!

Originally Posted by ranger22
Just to expand on this, all you 3 pedal goons only change gears with one hand! When you get good, you can use two hands to flip the paddles. Also, when you think about it paddle sounds a lot like pedal but it has more. And better.
Old 03-08-2015, 04:49 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,444 Likes on 2,251 Posts

Dont forget that you also have to ensure your XBox or PS4 is plugged in; that you have a good grip of the steering wheel controller between your knees, and that the ample supplies of Mountain Dew and Cheetos are within reach...

luddites ... all they have to to is depress a pedal and match engine revs ... and none of them can come close my ring laptimes in Gran Tourismo 5...
Old 03-08-2015, 05:23 PM
997s07
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s0ieRNmgxiA

Watch Röhrl use his appendages to work the car.
Old 03-08-2015, 11:43 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Several H patterns RS? Wtf? I need another job
I have several.jobs.
bn jobs, shuttle kids, laundry, house cleaning, gardening, and entertaining my fellow RLster, I don't really sleep much.

Originally Posted by kgorman
mooty you crack me up
I crack myself up too...
I would sit at restaurant, have some thoughts, smile then drool...
ppl think I'm having seizure
Old 03-08-2015, 11:47 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR

Look forward to it, have my doubts but will try and keep the sweet shifting RSA.

don't worry
it's all good
I'm selling my next week
it's been five weeks.

I'm ready to drive ur rs

Quick Reply: New GT4 Pure Race Track Version