Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

OFFICIAL DSC SPORT DISCUSSION FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 08:31 AM
RajuPatel
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

What I meant to ask is what is the minimum/maximum lowering in the front and the rear axles for the 997.1 turbo TT?
Old 03-18-2017, 11:06 AM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Received 914 Likes on 514 Posts

Originally Posted by RajuPatel
How much does the Tractive DDA with the Swift 313lb front springs and 616lb rears lower the 997.1 Turbo TT?
Originally Posted by RajuPatel
What I meant to ask is what is the minimum/maximum lowering in the front and the rear axles for the 997.1 turbo TT?
Our recommended baseline ride height for 997 Tractive coilovers is 106/128mm using OEM measuring method, with OEM size tires*. For reference this is pretty close to OEM GT3 ride height. The Tractive DDA coilovers can easily go +/-10mm from baseline. However, we don't recommend the far end of the lowering range when using the standard 313/616 because lowering will decrease available travel(stroke) of the suspension. All shocks work optimally only with sufficient travel. Any shock operating without sufficient travel for the design cannot do its job, it'll then just become a piece of metal that's along of the ride. GT3 Cup and GT3R for example use 1000+ lb springs so the travel is limited by the movement of the very heavy springs, thus they can be lowered more since the suspension travel is limited by the springs. So if you put Cup car springs on Travtive shocks then you can run Cup car ride height.

*Denote different size tires will alter the ride height. For example a 10mm taller tire will naturally make the ride height 5mm higher.
Old 03-18-2017, 02:22 PM
RajuPatel
Rennlist Member

Hi Tom,

I am running the TechArt Bilstein Damptronic B16 with Nose lift. I am also using the DSC box. At the present setting (which is definitely lowered, but i don't know how much) i clear most speed bumps, barring few big ones. I would love to have an additional 5mm raised height and I would be ok. I am running stock wheels and tyres. Can you guide me as to how to measure? From the wheel hub centre to the fender edge? Any other method?

City roads and some freeways have very bad road surfaces. SO much so that at high speeds it is a back breaking drive. Hence would love to have a more compliant spring rates (but not at the cost of bottoming out) to cope with the city ride as well. I am never going to track my car. Hence i can live with a more manageable ride.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:11 AM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

Any updates on the lift kit for cars that didn't originally have that
Old 04-21-2017, 11:55 AM
a_Y
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

I am wondering if we have the old firmware with 3 modes, how can we go abouts to updating it to the newer firmware with 2 modes?

For those who have tried both, which one is better?
Old 04-22-2017, 03:29 AM
RajuPatel
Rennlist Member

@ a_Y my unit came with 2 modes, like the OEM damper control. On (Light on-Sport mode) and Off (light off-normal mode). Though i would have loved to have "as many" modes as possible , but selecting more than two modes via a switch is cumbersome and painful. Now that i have changes the TechArt spring to SWIFT Springs, the ride quality is great (even on our bad bad roads) and on good roads, it is superlative in terms of body roll control and handling...
Old 04-22-2017, 12:07 PM
changster123
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by bmwtye
Any updates on the lift kit for cars that didn't originally have that
For the Tractive coilovers (not OEM shocks), from what Tom told me it'll be summer time before it's available.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:37 PM
boostedt0y
Banned

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by a_Y
I am wondering if we have the old firmware with 3 modes, how can we go abouts to updating it to the newer firmware with 2 modes?

For those who have tried both, which one is better?
I had the old firmware with 3 modes and recently updated to the new firmware with 2 modes. Car is used primarily on track and the stiffest modes in both firmware feel similar. However, I feel like the softest mode in the 3 mode firmware provided a smoother ride compared to the softest mode in the 2 mode firmware.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:59 PM
a_Y
Racer

That's a great review. In that case, I will probably just stick with my 3 mode one as the roads here in Hong Kong are pretty awful. Thanks!
Old 04-22-2017, 04:09 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 109 Posts

You can adjust the settings using the PC application so that normal is softer if that is needed. Happy to upload mine if you want to try it (I have Normal setup to be a little softer).
Old 04-24-2017, 09:42 AM
DSC Sport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by boostedt0y
I had the old firmware with 3 modes and recently updated to the new firmware with 2 modes. Car is used primarily on track and the stiffest modes in both firmware feel similar. However, I feel like the softest mode in the 3 mode firmware provided a smoother ride compared to the softest mode in the 2 mode firmware.
I would strongly recommend downloading the tuning software and checking out your current calibration file. Or you can perform a Read All function, save your .pdts file and send it to me, and I can take a look for you.

The tuning is more sophisticated in the 2-mode and actually allows for greater comfort with more tuning parameters. I'm guessing your Default Rate is just a greater value than you would prefer for comfort driving.

Originally Posted by a_Y
That's a great review. In that case, I will probably just stick with my 3 mode one as the roads here in Hong Kong are pretty awful. Thanks!
^See above, I strongly recommend the 2-mode firmware. It's more sophisticated, it's up to date, and it works better with the tuning software.

sales@dscsport.com | (410) 799-7798
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Old 04-24-2017, 11:34 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Haven't read the thread yet completely but subscribed.
Been playing with the DSC box in soft and hard at Sebring April 8th and with an updated file last Saturday. Will make a write up what I am running in 991RS when I can, but it's very interesting and it works.
Old 04-25-2017, 05:11 AM
a_Y
Racer

How can I upgrade to the two mode firmware?

Originally Posted by boostedt0y
Originally Posted by DSC Sport
I would strongly recommend downloading the tuning software and checking out your current calibration file. Or you can perform a Read All function, save your .pdts file and send it to me, and I can take a look for you.

The tuning is more sophisticated in the 2-mode and actually allows for greater comfort with more tuning parameters. I'm guessing your Default Rate is just a greater value than you would prefer for comfort driving.

^See above, I strongly recommend the 2-mode firmware. It's more sophisticated, it's up to date, and it works better with the tuning software.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:34 AM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by a_Y
How can I upgrade to the two mode firmware?
Simple. Send your DSC module to us for firmware update. The update is free for the original purchaser. Sender pays the shipping cost. It is very worthy!
Old 04-25-2017, 09:37 AM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Haven't read the thread yet completely but subscribed.
Been playing with the DSC box in soft and hard at Sebring April 8th and with an updated file last Saturday. Will make a write up what I am running in 991RS when I can, but it's very interesting and it works.
Thank you for subscribing. We look forward to reading your write up and provide any tuning support!

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL DSC SPORT DISCUSSION FORUM