Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

A fantastic essay about why car guys love cars

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2020, 10:57 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

From AutoWeek: It's Time To Make The Case for the Car - What pro-car arguments tend to miss is what makes cars so special in the first place.
https://www.autoweek.com/car-life/columns/a30123404/its-time-to-make-the-case-for-the-car/

Old 08-19-2020, 03:10 PM
Statiko
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll try to help with that, because problems with writing an essay are not uncommon now, and the norm is already. Fortunately, now this problem can be solved without stress by simply directing your task to the right people to solve it. But it's usually hard to find the right people to trust. It is good that I have a friend who I trust, he told me that you can pay for essays and it turned out to be a reality. I didn't even expect it, so I necessarily recommend to get acquainted with a professional team on this activity and then any questions will simply disappear, to be honest. I hope that this will be as useful for you as possible!
Old 08-19-2020, 10:28 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Great write up!

As I always say, “...just because the newer cars are faster and have higher performance figures in every quantifiable category, doesn’t make them better to drive...”

As it pertains to our beloved 911 Porsches; the 991 and newer cars are better in every measurable category of performance. Yet, the 997 GT3/RS (and yes I know I’m biased) are so much more fun and engaging to drive. Faster does not always equal better.

991 GT3/RSs are awesome, I’ve driven them and they are so capable it’s not even close to anything ever offered by Porsche as it relates to the 911. However, every time I drive a 997 GT3/RS-996 GT3/RS-993-964-911 it reminds me of why I love the 911 in a way the 991s simply don’t. Again, 991s and now 992s are undoubtedly and undeniably more capable but again, this doesn’t mean better.

The older cars are just more engaging, more interactive, more difficult to drive fast, and as such more rewarding. The feeling you get when you get a heel and toe done right and/or you reduce your lap time by a few ticks on the stop watch is just euphoric in a way (sadly) younger drivers may never know.

For my myself and many of my clients I build 4.15L Mezger engines for 996/997 GT cars, I re-gear them, change clutches, change shifters, put in better diffs (Guard), change brakes and pads, design and manufacture lighter wheels, make suspension and weight changes, and yet according to client feedback how awesome their cars feel is usually what I hear. My 4.15L have Turbo-like torque and rev to 9k RPMs and yet as much as we all love more power, it’s the overall feel of the car which is most intoxicating. I’m fully aware this feeling is reached through a comprehensive and well thought out plan which has been properly executed. The sum of its parts-kind of thing; every aspect of a car’s performance must be well balanced for it to feel great. And how a car feels or better said the feelings it gives you is what’s most important.

Remember some day, this (life) will all be over and so drive them like you stole them. Personalize them, modify them, and above all, enjoy them!
The following 5 users liked this post by MJSpeed:
heshalosny (08-20-2020), P-Car777 (08-19-2020), Robocop305 (08-05-2022), RonnyC (04-13-2021), Zeus993 (08-24-2020)
Old 08-20-2020, 03:54 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,494 Likes on 2,274 Posts

^ this is why I now parked my RS4.0 and drive 1973 hot rod
Old 06-02-2022, 03:24 PM
JerryCold
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi! i love cars... i remember when i was given an assignment to write an essay on cars, and i didn't know what to do. i'm not creative, but i'm a great mechanic. how many of us are like that?
Old 06-02-2022, 04:12 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 973 Likes on 634 Posts

cars guys, many of us, are romantics. it's why we love the older cars and how we engage with them. we interact more, we drive them. new cars may be superior in many ways, but my garage has nothing newer than nearly 20 years old. cars are like time-machines that can take us to a simpler time where it was easier to be delighted.

The following users liked this post:
Robocop305 (08-05-2022)
Old 09-20-2022, 06:20 AM
Osborn7
1st Gear

If you've ever asked, "write my essay by college-paper.org," you're not alone. More than 90% of students have asked for help at some point. Whether you're a high school student or a professional, a writing service can help you complete your assignment. These companies use professional writers who specialize in specific subjects to create unique and high-quality pieces.
Old 09-23-2022, 01:56 PM
zxclord123
1st Gear

If you're looking for an essay writing service, you might want to consider TopEssayWriting. The service is popular among students and has been in business for over 12 years. It boasts an extensive writer pool, and their writers have expertise in a wide variety of subjects. The site read reviews about topessaywriting.org also offers many ways to contact the company, including phone, email, and live chat. It also respects your privacy.
Old 07-19-2023, 07:29 AM
aktur
1st Gear

Thank you for sharing your positive experience It's great to hear that they have a solid reputation and have been serving students for over a decade. The availability of a diverse writer pool and expertise in various subjects is definitely a valuable asset when seeking assistance with academic writing. The multiple contact options and emphasis on privacy are important considerations, as they ensure smooth communication and confidentiality. It's always beneficial to read reviews and gather information before choosing an essay writing service, and your recommendation of TopEssayWriting provides helpful insights for students in need of reliable academic support.
Old 07-19-2023, 11:13 AM
damen1
2nd Gear

Yea. My writing experience was bad. I am into improving my wiring skills nowadays. Sometimes got some help from residency personal statement editing with wiring a big essay review in a short time. A few parts of communication which are spelling, grammar, and punctuation are improved when students write to express their ideas or messages to their audience. When students write, they learn organization, and coherence of the language and this helps them when they become gainfully employed as this is a skill that employers look for.

Quick Reply: A fantastic essay about why car guys love cars