Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

2010 GT3 CL recall, a NEW recall

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 11:03 AM
tshih
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Paver is correct it's 444lb-ft or 600 Nm. The wheels have to be off the ground and after the first torque down you are suppose to loosen it by about 60 deg and re-torque to 444 ft-lb. there is a service bulletin posting the proper procedure early on in this thread. PCNA should be contacted and give them the VIN number of your GT3 and they will let you know if there are any recalls for your car.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:36 AM
Houston GT3
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JB911
Reading "Total 911" magazine the other day I saw an article on a shop that specializes in CL-pictures seemed to show the car on the ground as a tech handled a breaker bar-
I just went to a wheel shop here, good friend owns it, and I wanted to know if they had experience with CL service. He said yes, he's done quite a few. We discussed the procedure, I said there are specific instructions for the car to be up in the air, brakes applied to loosen them. He sort of said yes, but that at the track most guys crack them loose on the ground and it's easier than applying the brakes. Any thoughts on that?

When it's time for new tires, soon, I'm between going to the dealer and his shop-the advantage of his shop is that I can stand there and participate/supervise. Getting up to the dealer's service area is not impossible but quite a bit harder since they're busy with so many cars.

Otherwise I feel like removing the wheels myself since I already bought the torque wrench and I prefer DIY
in many cases.
Chipping calipers to me is also unacceptable-the dealer in Houston who performed the CL recall a few months ago seems to have done a flawless job, my calipers still look new-

Best,
JB
Hey JB. Can you PM that Houston dele airship? I don't think mine has had the recall work done.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:13 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It is incredible how many people DO NOT KNOW about the newer procedures and even the recall...was at a gathering last weekend and a couple owners had no idea how to remove the wheels and had no idea of any procedures or recalls....yikes...!
Old 08-06-2015, 10:35 AM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

now that's scary. Dealer responsible- can't help myself- Do they have internet ?
Old 05-23-2017, 02:17 PM
dak996
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi every one .. so 510 gt3 recall only in US or World wide ?
Old 09-10-2017, 05:37 AM
brake dust
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Believe the recall is worldwide.
Old 05-01-2022, 04:44 AM
fayraree
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 78 Posts

I’m looking to buy a 2010 GT3 with 40k miles and I’ve been told it’s been tracked a lot. A PPI is scheduled for Monday. There are no outstanding recalls for this car, which falls under the build date range of the recall.

Is there a way I can confirm that the recall was completed? I’ve asked the PPI shop to look at the rear wheel hubs carefully and ensure any required maintenance is completed. I don’t plan on tracking the car for a while (maybe later in my ownership) so I guess I need to be worried about this.
Old 05-01-2022, 04:55 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,435 Likes on 2,246 Posts

Originally Posted by fayraree
I’m looking to buy a 2010 GT3 with 40k miles and I’ve been told it’s been tracked a lot. A PPI is scheduled for Monday. There are no outstanding recalls for this car, which falls under the build date range of the recall.

Is there a way I can confirm that the recall was completed? I’ve asked the PPI shop to look at the rear wheel hubs carefully and ensure any required maintenance is completed. I don’t plan on tracking the car for a while (maybe later in my ownership) so I guess I need to be worried about this.
any dealer should be able to pull the maint. history via the VIN that will record any TB work done on the car.
The following users liked this post:
fayraree (05-01-2022)

Quick Reply: 2010 GT3 CL recall, a NEW recall