Rennlist Member

Received 888 Likes on 336 Posts

Awesome! Congrats Pete
Old 05-02-2016, 03:38 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,057 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
Good points! Yeah, a Wolf will just suit my needs best right now, I prefer a pure track car.

I wonder if that was Miguel in his white Mono? He tracks it frequently.

Registering for road has tax implications so that's important to fully consider for myself and a potential buyer, it's the main reason I've chosen not to register it so far. It's easy to register/title the car in NV, I just haven't done it because I don't want to street drive it. Everyone is different I suppose that is the next step.
yes good point on registration... i get it especially at those price points. I'm actually not sure who "owns" it :-) The car is Black.

Sale Pending...
NICE!!!

Those Wolfs... I think I got video of one. They are literally insane.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:41 PM
skxf430
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Congrats Pete,

What about a Lotus 311? Should be a beast on the track.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:58 AM
Texas RS
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Maybe a Wolf GB08F1 w/RPE V8. 10,500 rpm/450hp/1200lbs...lol. Too much is never enough right? I'll start a new thread when I decide for sure and order the replacement. But the MONO HAS GOT TO GO!
....I always thought too much was just enough. ;-)
Old 05-03-2016, 09:25 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Chris, but as you know it's not a done deal until funds are wired, we've all learned that lesson... Let's see if buyer comes through.

Originally Posted by Spyerx
I'm actually not sure who "owns" it :-) The car is Black.
Those Wolfs... I think I got video of one. They are literally insane.
A-ha, the black one...yeah...

Originally Posted by skxf430
Congrats Pete,

What about a Lotus 311? Should be a beast on the track.
Great minds think alike! I have been hot for a 3-Eleven ever since public release last summer. But...1. I'd really prefer a halo of some sort for lateral impact protection, if you spec the Lotus with the FIA upper cage option as I would, I think you'd hamper ingress/egress with a retrofitted halo seat. 2. Lotus is (another) UK manufacturer who from word I hear is still quite f'up in several regards. 3. Suspension setups would be (far?) more difficult. Plus, it's heavy at about ~2100 lbs wet. Nevertheless I fully agree with you it should be a beast. I haven't completely ruled it out at this point, just moved away from it.

I've learned to love light cars and do all my own ride height/caster/camber/toe/damper settings etc, the Wolf would be SO easy to work on in my home garage.

Originally Posted by Texas RS
....I always thought too much was just enough. ;-)
Old 05-04-2016, 08:04 PM
skxf430
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Pete,

The FIA cages makes ingress and egress very challenging. I was tempted to put a deposit down on the road version of the 311 but I didn't want to be the guinea pig.

The dealership network in SoCal is very spotty and the biggest independent shop in LA just moved to Las Vegas so I would be left to fend for myself. I think the car won't need to much maintenance because of the engine and drivetrain are fairly bullet proof But, I would want someone that could at least do an alignment and basic upkeep of the car.

I may ultimately get one but will wait for some of the bugs to get worked out.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:29 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by skxf430
Pete,

The FIA cages makes ingress and egress very challenging. I was tempted to put a deposit down on the road version of the 311 but I didn't want to be the guinea pig.

The dealership network in SoCal is very spotty and the biggest independent shop in LA just moved to Las Vegas so I would be left to fend for myself. I think the car won't need to much maintenance because of the engine and drivetrain are fairly bullet proof But, I would want someone that could at least do an alignment and basic upkeep of the car.

I may ultimately get one but will wait for some of the bugs to get worked out.
Excellent points, well said. Everything I think about as well.

We are drowning in first-world problems and decisions aren't we...lol! I was thinking about that today. Fortunate time to be alive!
Old 05-04-2016, 11:35 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,057 Posts

Yeah i think if you have a membership at smmr you have wolf and radical support at your fingertips.
Old 05-05-2016, 02:38 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,952 Likes on 555 Posts

Any decent race shop can do an alignment on any car. Especially if you have the specs of how you want it.

In regards to WOLF- we work on one at the race shop. All carbon and tons of G forces means you have to nut and bolt the car pretty much every weekend. I personally would not consider one unless you have 1-2 trackside dudes dedicated to keeping you out of the pea gravel.

It's a slippery slope!!
Old 05-06-2016, 09:00 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Sale Pending...
And...sale not pending! Just flat-out BS from a couple con-artists as it seems. World is full of scuzzy people as most of us are reminded of on a regular basis. If you are considering buying a new BAC Mono, you'll do yourself a favor to contact me first Forewarned is forearmed. (Parts and service are great and no problem)

The good news is I've now got Montana title/registration/plates in progress. Solves all street legality/smog issues for anybody in any state. If you don't understand, message me. Plated/titled in 2-3 weeks. Should have done that to begin with months ago. So...any readers who want it street legal whereever the hell you live, but didn't understand how to make that happen, it's done, step up with cash and then freak out every other driver on the road.

You won't get an epic Wolf GB08SM thread until the Mono is living happily in a new home.
Old 05-07-2016, 12:06 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

lots of ppl talk few ppl with cash sounds like. sorry to hear about the con artists.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:55 PM
savyboy
Drifting

del

Last edited by savyboy; 01-17-2017 at 08:56 PM.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:37 PM
savyboy
Drifting

I'm reminded by a private message today that nothing dies on the internet :-)

For someone who finds this thread, years after I started it, and is thinking of buying a BAC Mono, please contact me via RennList before you do! Bottom line: the worst, most miserable, ownership experience of any product I've ever owned in my life.

The misery stretched on for nearly four years. In hindsight, I should have initiated legal action after the first 12 months elapsed and no car was delivered (6 months on contract). But it was like a frog being slow boiled, you know? It just kept getting worse.

The car went to a new home in June last year (2016). Because I have integrity (unlike anyone associated with Briggs Automotive Company and their S. CA and N. CA distributors at the time), I invested hundreds of hours and $$$$$ to fix all the problems before it sold.

I did buy a Wolf GB08SM, it was not without teething pain (all resolved), but nothing like the POS Mono. The Wolf has proven easy to drive, amazingly durable, very high quality (Dallara makes many of the parts, carbon tub is FIA crash rated), cheap to maintain, and so easy to work on. Total opposite of the Mono. If you are considering buying a Wolf, you are welcome to contact me and I'll share a contemporaneous opinion on that as well

This thread is CLOSED, see you at the track!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GT3 Alternative - BAC Mono - NSFW