Old 05-02-2012, 02:35 AM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Ipe
Here are mine:

Portimão - Portugal:

Ipe Ferra _____ 07 GT3 Cup_____ 1.52:756_____ N
Ipe - what AWESOME videos! Thank you for showing me how to drive the AIA. I hope to be back to Algarves sooner rather than later. Great driving!
Old 05-02-2012, 12:34 PM
Ipe
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SSTHO
Ipe - what AWESOME videos! Thank you for showing me how to drive the AIA. I hope to be back to Algarves sooner rather than later. Great driving!
Thanks! It is a fantastic track indeed, very challenging, very difficult to be on the limit, certainly one of the bests in the world nowadays.

Below are the TV broadcast of the two races I made there:

Race 1:

Race 2:

Cannot embed it: http://youtu.be/BLydWyf9_wU

Cheers
Old 05-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,414 Likes on 755 Posts

Nicely done!
Old 05-02-2012, 01:08 PM
Ipe
Instructor

It's not Porsche related but I think you will enjoy it.

While at Portimão, we, drivers of Porsche Cup Brazil, had the opportunity to drive some F1 cars from late 90s / 2000 cars.

Here a short video I made:

Cheers
Old 05-02-2012, 01:11 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,414 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by Ipe
It's not Porsche related but I think you will enjoy it.

While at Portimão, we, drivers of Porsche Cup Brazil, had the opportunity to drive some F1 cars from late 90s / 2000 cars.

Here a short video I made:

Cheers
OMG...

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 03-09-2013 at 06:57 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:23 PM
Ipe
Instructor

Lol!
Old 05-02-2012, 02:18 PM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

Hey Franc - that's a great vid, really fun to watch CWota taking his 210km/h limiter off and catching back up, hitting 225 at the end of that monster straight. also really Nice to see the spectators giving you a warm hand in the pits. Do you guys run a white line rule? And did you beat your best time while spending so much time in the rear view or did it hamstring you?
Old 05-02-2012, 05:32 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by HiWind
Hey Franc - that's a great vid, really fun to watch CWota taking his 210km/h limiter off and catching back up, hitting 225 at the end of that monster straight. also really Nice to see the spectators giving you a warm hand in the pits. Do you guys run a white line rule? And did you beat your best time while spending so much time in the rear view or did it hamstring you?
What's a white line rule?

Wasn't timing myself, but, from the video, times seem decent. Defensive line is not as wide so as to not leave too much (any ) room on the inside for someone to dive-bomb, so by definition, it would be slower. Watching the mirrors was a bit distracting, but I sure was pumped so that probably made up for it. Traction was good in spite of the cool weather.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:07 AM
TurboS
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by FFaust

Wasn't timing myself, but, from the video, times seem decent. Defensive line is not as wide so as to not leave too much (any ) room on the inside for someone to dive-bomb, so by definition, it would be slower. Watching the mirrors was a bit distracting, but I sure was pumped so that probably made up for it. Traction was good in spite of the cool weather.
Looked like Fun! Let me know next time you're at Mosport, I'll bring the cameras, and the Boost!

Old 05-03-2012, 02:29 AM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
OMG...
Seriously Ipe,... OMG OMG OMG,...

The sound and experience at WOT must have been surreal. What a serious opportunity!!! There's not many experiences that would make you appreciate your 997 Cup less, but geez,... Do tell us more about how the Cup car comes (or not) to 90s/00s F1 cars!
Old 05-04-2012, 02:04 PM
Ipe
Instructor

Originally Posted by SSTHO
Seriously Ipe,... OMG OMG OMG,...

The sound and experience at WOT must have been surreal. What a serious opportunity!!! There's not many experiences that would make you appreciate your 997 Cup less, but geez,... Do tell us more about how the Cup car comes (or not) to 90s/00s F1 cars!
It really was an unforgettable experience, amazing!

But they are totally different animals and cannot compare them. The Cup I drive at 105% of my limit on it, taking everything I can and some more. In the F1, except on straights I was just cruising basically @ probably 50% or less of what the car is capable. Before riding in the car we had a hour of lecture to be very careful and they said all the things to scare us maximum so we did nothing stupid. It kind of worked because we had only 4 laps and by the time I was able to feel a little more comfort with it and understand what was happening I had to pit... But it was great anyway.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:44 PM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by FFaust
Wasn't timing myself, but, from the video, times seem decent.
Ja you looked like you were pumped - nice going! Traction looked very solid. White line rule as we run it means that on the straights the car in front can only move once from one side of the centre line to the other ie can't block twice on a straight.

Ps - no timer? Get yourself a AIM Solo - really easy to use and great fun to analyze after while you aren't on RL
Old 05-04-2012, 03:23 PM
GT2rainge
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Here are a couple of mine from the nordschleife on a closed track day last year.
One with camera view in car
http://bit.ly/nYesx3
Another with a view from the same orange 997.1rs chasing

Another view from a gt3 R at night in the nurburgring 24 hour race
How scary
Old 05-04-2012, 03:37 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by HiWind
Ja you looked like you were pumped - nice going! Traction looked very solid. White line rule as we run it means that on the straights the car in front can only move once from one side of the centre line to the other ie can't block twice on a straight.

Ps - no timer? Get yourself a AIM Solo - really easy to use and great fun to analyze after while you aren't on RL
Yeah, one move is considered defending, a second is considered blocking and is not allowed. Although this wasn't a "real" race

I have a Trackmate, but just didn't bother putting it in the car. It was my first event of the year, and I like to build gradually.

Traction was incredible considering that it was only about 10 C.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:32 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

can anybody post a LimeRock video that has telemetry on it, if it was done on a close to stock GT3 NB with no cup aero car on 'street' or DOT r-comps rubber with lap times in 55-59 sec area?
I woud help me to sort something out here as cup cars videos do not really apply. Or PM me pls, if you have such video/data.