Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Hoosier R80 R100 on MK2 RS

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 04:42 PM
MSRPorsche
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agree on the 3000 plus pound equals heavy comment. With driver and fuel I'm at or over 3300 lbs when on track.
You'll likely do this, but I found that rotating the tires from side to side on the car helps extend tire life. Even started flipping them on the rim at about half life to further extend wear. With correct pressures and the rotation, I was at about 20 HCs as well. That's counting a +/- 30 minute session as a HC.

Not to hijack your thread, but I have two sets of 18" BBS Motorsport wheels I'm about to post for sale if you might be interested.

Have fun at the track. You're going to love the car!
Old 07-20-2011, 10:42 AM
Hoosier_Daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by MSRPorsche
Agree on the 3000 plus pound equals heavy comment. With driver and fuel I'm at or over 3300 lbs when on track.
You'll likely do this, but I found that rotating the tires from side to side on the car helps extend tire life. Even started flipping them on the rim at about half life to further extend wear. With correct pressures and the rotation, I was at about 20 HCs as well. That's counting a +/- 30 minute session as a HC.

Not to hijack your thread, but I have two sets of 18" BBS Motorsport wheels I'm about to post for sale if you might be interested.

Have fun at the track. You're going to love the car!
Thanks for that offer, but I've grabbed a couple of sets of the stockers. I appreciate the thought -- I've been spending like mad getting set up from one car to another and need to breath.

I'll be I'll be almost 3500 pounds with a full tank and my big frame in the GT3. It'll be hard on any tire let alone a slick, however, we somehow managed to make it work on the Turbo which I bet was getting close to 3900 pounds loaded.

Quick Reply: Hoosier R80 R100 on MK2 RS