CLUB SPORT PKG

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 11:39 AM
JRCNRING
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default CLUB SPORT PKG

Good day to all.
I have a small question on the Club Sport pkg.
I have a 2007 GT3 that I bought in Mexico city. I would say I thought I was going to get away with it but last week the importer was denied the importation of my car to the US due to EPA restrictions. Unless we changed a list of things to make it comply with US EPA and US DOT standards they will not approve it as a road legal car.
That's bad but not that bad at all. My father being a Mexican citizen will buy my 07 GT3 and I will be again in the market for one.
I do want to make my new purchase more worth while.
I want to order the car with a couple of options that I think make it more track worthy.
I decided to go with NO sunroof, sport chrono pkg, meteor gray like my current car, red seat belts, clear bra, maybe but not yet decided Navigation, and most importantly the Club sport pkg. I haven't decided on carbon ceramic brakes as I think if I track the car only once a month they would not be that necessary. Any other option worth while considering?
I got the information from Porsche of Albuquerque and all the options lists. But it does not mention any where the Club sport option.
Is it actually an option? On the video of the GT3 presentation at PNA website they even say its a no cost option did I heard righ?
Any information on this would be appreciated.
Thanks in advanced for your feedback.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:42 AM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No club sport option in the US.

No sunroof delete in the US.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:02 PM
JRCNRING
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by frayed
No club sport option in the US.

No sunroof delete in the US.
O man that's bad news

Can the roll bar and the seats be ordered separately?
Old 03-05-2007, 12:49 PM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, you can get the seats and bar, but there are some availability issues right now.

I'm quite confused on the rollbar issue though. There's the techquipment bars (for both 996 and 997 that fit). Then there's the RS bar (not sure if it fits with the sunroof). Not sure if the GT3 clubsport bar is the same as the RS bar? Then, there's different mounting approaches depending on the bar, and some on here have said the the tech bar isn't great b/c it's 'spring loaded' making it a PITA to install and risks of stripping threads when removed.

Then, in the aftermarket there's the DAS Sport bar, but I think it has less than ideal mounting points. . something about it not being legal for PCA? There's also the bar from CMG racing (same as the DAS Sport)? and I know that FarnbacherLoles is doing their own bar.

You can also delete the sunroof (check prior threads), around 1500 in parts + paint and labor. Not a terribly big project but you have to be comfortable with someone re-spotwelding the hole-less sheet metal back into place.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:21 PM
GT3CAR
Needs to Get a Life
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for posting your comments. I was confused on all the rollbar talk as well, so now I feel better knowing it is not just me....

Quick Reply: CLUB SPORT PKG