Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

insurance

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 03:50 PM
spr10r
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default insurance

my build was in paint on wednesday, so I shouldn't have too long to wait now. I tried getting an online insurance quote, but no site I found has the 3 listed as a model. I have a bit less than 2 years US driving history (other than a spell some years ago that is best not worth mentioning). Any recommendations on who to get a quote from?
Old 03-04-2007, 05:08 PM
Mark FM
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts

I am with State Farm and I am very happy with the price of coverage on my new GT-3. My kids have totalled two cars and wrecked two others and State Farm has always been more than fair with my settlements.

Good Luck!

Mark
Old 03-04-2007, 05:36 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Check for track day coverage. It's getting hard out there.
I'm almost unwilling to post which insurers don't (or haven't yet) excluded anything to do with motorsport. If you qualify for USAA, that's a very good solution.

The front page of my AllState policy reads "you bought a 911, our policy strictly excludes bringing the ignition key within one mile of the car."
Old 03-04-2007, 10:48 PM
mjb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Check for track day coverage. It's getting hard out there.
I'm almost unwilling to post which insurers don't (or haven't yet) excluded anything to do with motorsport. If you qualify for USAA, that's a very good solution.
I have USAA and yes they are good. However, others have posted that USAA has begun to clamp down on the track related exclusion language to the detriment of DE. Haven't received the refrenced update myself but we'll see. This is a mine field as implied above but interestingly I noticed that State Farm is a sponser of the GGR PCA DE/TT events. Not sure if this indicates they are more friendly towards DE events (or just providing liability coverage for the club) but I plan to give them a call and dig a little...good luck on this one.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:05 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I spoke to my State Farm agent last week.

He said that if a crash on a race track, even my home club, they would find a way not to pay for it. He is an agent for other guys at the track so I think he's speaking from expeience.

Quick Reply: insurance