Houston tire installer tip

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 01:12 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,156 Likes on 571 Posts
Default Houston tire installer tip

I have a history of being automotively sodomized by various tire mounting bafoons throughout the Houston area. The worst of which was when my M3 got lifted with arms under the floorpan and gastank which punched thru both areas, never minding the dozen gouges on the previously pristine wheel faces.

That being said, when I find a talented mounter, I stick with the guy. Lately, I have with great fear endeavored to find someone trustworthy enough to mount the nightmare of all tires - 19" with 30 aspect sidewalls, TPMS sensors, and reverse mount specifications. Even with 17's, most mounters I have seen work with the finesse of a Meth tweaker trying to grunt out an 18# bowling ball covered with glass shards.

The past month I have found a guy that can slip the tires on and off with the ease of a veteran **** queen working a half-sized *****. So far, the guy has de-mounted and mounted no less than 2 sets of 19's for me, with nary 1 scratch. Better yet, he is the manager of a new store with brand new equipment that isn't jacked up yet. The store also has almost no business yet since it has been open only 1 week. Look for John at Discount Tire at West Rd and I-45N. The guy just rocks.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:36 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is what you want at the shop doing your wheels and tires. It's a Corghi Artiglio Master. It comes in Ferrari Red as it it the officail tire machine of Ferrari. Totally touchless so no more need to worry. I had one at my last shop, and I cam getting one for my new shop. The Hunter rep was trying to sell me a machine until I told him what I was getting and he just gave up selling as he knew this was the BEST on the market.. It is also about 3x the cost of a standard tire machine, but worth it in the long run in reduced expenses for repairing / replacing wheels and just the general customer service of NOT being able to damage a wheel.

Last edited by viperbob; 05-21-2009 at 09:22 PM.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:32 PM
Bill_C4S
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eclou....quite some imagery you provided...

So how did the punks resolve your M3 skewering?

New car? First born?
Old 03-04-2007, 04:13 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,156 Likes on 571 Posts

The shops have insurance to cover such damage. The scary part was that they did not have any idea what happened until I informed them. I was taking a nap and a GF at the time took my car to NTW to get the tires balanced for me as a favor. I woke up and we went out to go do something and I noticed gas dripping out from under the car. When I called, the manager was so unsurprised by my accusations that he just told me to get him an estimate. Was about $3k in repairs.

Quick Reply: Houston tire installer tip