Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Report on new GT3 tyre in rain?

Old 03-02-2007, 01:07 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 56 Likes on 23 Posts

OG baybee!

actually we can have standing mud when it slides, rocks, gravel and water on the roads. in the stradale, you had to be ready to switch off race mode when you hit any of those.... and sometimes i had to get out and move boulders...

the 3 is great, gears are still too high though...
Old 03-02-2007, 01:46 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

DOH!! I forgot about the mudslides!!
Can you compare the 997 to the 996? and dont spare our feelings??LOL!!
You have had all of them
Old 03-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
Robin
Watt lives in Malibu-he has two seasons
1.winter where temps are from 65 to highs of 68 and
2. summer where temps can get up to 70 from lows of 66.

Oh and a occasional rain drizzle
Ok - for the people who live in Malibu

The important thing is to decide whether the appliances on your yacht run off 110 or 220 volts. For the truly destinctive moment, there is nothing like a yacht designed with US aircon and European whiteware.

You might think I am joking, but I'm not. Er, i go to Malibu, a lot, I'm a 220 volt kinda guy.

R+C
Old 03-02-2007, 09:04 PM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Originally Posted by frayed
Robin, do you dislike the N spec PS2s? I like them a lot, great feedback and great grip.
Michelin makes fine tyres. They send me heaps of gorgeous slicks. They even get tyres to me wherever I am when I trash them. At the right time of year, they have even been known to challenge me to get rid of as many as I can from that huge stack they have sitting at G**** D****. Why would I say anything except lovely things about them.

Now, read my lips, 'check the results of the Tuner GP' - as reported in Sport Auto. And I don't mean all those MPSC equipped cars.

R+C
Old 03-02-2007, 09:16 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 56 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Nordschleife
Ok - for the people who live in Malibu

The important thing is to decide whether the appliances on your yacht run off 110 or 220 volts. For the truly destinctive moment, there is nothing like a yacht designed with US aircon and European whiteware.

You might think I am joking, but I'm not. Er, i go to Malibu, a lot, I'm a 220 volt kinda guy.

R+C
actually,

although we're quite conservative..unlike most of malibu. we're all solar... a fine German system... that's what conservatives do, they conserve.

seriously Nordschlieffe your knowledgeable tyre comments greatly appreciated as always
and OG, the 997 is a large improvement over 996 gt3. steering and handling much improved, pccb new rotor and duct design should make them no longer problematic... seems to handle mid-corner bumps better. both cars are great, but what a quantum step forward.

in all, i couldn't drive a 996 3 day in day out for more than a month or 2... the gearing was so high. this car i think i can keep for while... like the strad. but i have said the same before many times, so let's see in a few months whether i still have it and love it
Old 03-03-2007, 01:26 AM
adixon
Advanced

Hey NJ-GT,
What wheels are those on your GT3?? look stunning! is there a post with better pics??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Report on new GT3 tyre in rain?