Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Beverly Hills have another car ...

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 11:25 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Solo1111
Thanks for the kind words. In fact I just realized I made a big mistake. My business partner informed me that my deposit was $25,000, not $5000. Initially I offered $5,000 but Beverly Hills Porsche claimed that it is not enough for such a special car and asked if we can put down something more. So at the end we decided to put in more to secure the spot back in September for a January build.
I must tell you I am puzzled. With a $25,000 deposit and a contract to delivery the car upon arrival from Porsche N.A., it seems to me there is no way they can sell the car from underneath you without giving you an opportunity to pay for it. Something is seriously wrong and it may be worth consulting a local attorney. I believe Porsche N.A. should come down hard on BHP and take care of you or they should be at fault as well.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:33 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just PM'd you.

Please call me tomorrow, let's talk and see if I can help you at least obtain one sooner rather then later. Even discuss what your options are.

I'm in shock.

Chris Sanner
Porsche of North Olmsted

Last edited by Likemystoppie?; 03-02-2007 at 01:06 PM.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:20 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are always two sides to every story and no reputable dealer, especially a high profile top 3 Porsche dealership in the country will not come to defend themselves on the net.

$25 000 down /deposit, ordered car, no bank approval because of roach or no credit plus the customer MUST have known that the car was at least at the port or in transport when they tried to get it approved. Running a credit check determines on the spot if one is qualified for a six figure car or not, period and any salesperon worth a lick lets the customer know in a heart beat that no credit or real bad credit are a total waste of time unless they are prepared to pay cash right now, if not , no bad feelings but good bye.

So , I believe there is more to this story..........
Old 03-01-2007, 07:40 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

So let me get this straight.....they took 25 large of your money and think you were not financially able to by the car??? Something is fishy here and the source of the smell comes from your salesguy's office. But knock first, he may be getting screwed in the *** by his GM
Old 03-01-2007, 08:22 AM
prosper
Instructor

In your contract,

is there a clause where it said,that BH Porsche can sell the car to other people without giving you the first chance to buy it outright?

I really do not get it,why it take so long for them to decide that your financial credit history is not good enough.Usually that kind of background check can be done in like 1day process.Why it take so long for your case?

On the contract or any written communication with BH Porsche, do you have the VIN number of this GT3 written on it?
If you have, the first thing I do if I were you is to contact Porsche of North America(PCNA) and explain this situation.

Try to make the commnication on writing also for future legal document support.
If PCNA can help you for example,give you another car at discounted price asap or some kind of bonus,you better take it.PCNA should help you in order to protect their reputation.

Because using laywers will take your time and money (at least at the beginning of the process).Plus you will not enjoy your GT3 now anyway.

But if all the above good will from you is ignored, then take them to the Court then.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:29 AM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Question Question.

Originally Posted by pole position
If a car is leased to offset the Tax of a company, does the car has to register under that company's name? If I am not mistaken, a company needs to go through a similar credit check for lease/loan; right?

2nd Edit: But there is no excuse to sell your car unless all options are exhausted.

Last edited by ///Mous3; 03-01-2007 at 10:44 AM.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:54 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Correct, to write of a lease the car needs to be (a) registered to the company and (b) must stipulate that the car is required for normal required business.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:54 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

There are always two sides to every story and no reputable dealer, especially a high profile top 3 Porsche dealership in the country will not come to defend themselves on the net.

$25 000 down /deposit, ordered car, no bank approval because of roach or no credit plus the customer MUST have known that the car was at least at the port or in transport when they tried to get it approved. Running a credit check determines on the spot if one is qualified for a six figure car or not, period and any salesperon worth a lick lets the customer know in a heart beat that no credit or real bad credit are a total waste of time unless they are prepared to pay cash right now, if not , no bad feelings but good bye.

Let me paint it for you then: If they were so professional, and not amatures, they would have done a credit check long before the car came close to completion.

And let me set something straight for any or all of you: You NEVER prequalify someone- six figure car or not. When a client gives a $25,000!!! deposit, you are a MORON if you believe that person can't pay cash for that car. I'm sorry but non credit worthy people DON'T put $25 large down on a car much less have $2,500 to their name.

It's total BS. BHP type of influence and buying power with banks that most dealerships would only dream about. I'll bet $1,000 this has NOTHING to do with credit.

There's your 'more to this story'.

And I've been doing this since 2002.

Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck......
Old 03-01-2007, 11:09 AM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Exclamation I disagree.

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?
...When a client gives a $25,000!!! deposit, you are a MORON if you believe that person can't pay cash for that car. I'm sorry but non credit worthy people DON'T put $25 large down on a car much less have $2,500 to their name...
$25,000 and $140,000 is quite far apart.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:30 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by ///Mous3
$25,000 and $140,000 is quite far apart.

Disagree all you want.

How many people do you know can shell out $25,000- have someone sit on it for 6 months- and CAN'T pay for the car in cash let alone DON'T have the ability to finance or lease the car. If you DO know anyone- they're so unbelievably shallow and ignorant- they would just do it to impress someone- HIGHLY DOUBTFUL.

I've been doing this a long time, I've never seen it happen. Are you in the business?

$25k for someone to put just a 'deposit' on is a drop in the bucket.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:40 AM
Paul523
Pro

fwiw-- BH Porsche gets BBB grade of "A" (third highest)...

but 7 consumer complaints, incl. five instances over last 36 months where type of response to BBB by the dealer was
"Agreeing to perform according to their contract".

http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Bu...ompanyID=33042
lower right corner of page
Old 03-01-2007, 12:32 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

I'm with you and I'm glad you said what i was thinking.

Just this week I was getting my Toyota serviced and walked across the street to the M-B dealer who is one of two I deal with. I wanted a convert for the summer. They had one of the new CLK 6.3 there and while I could have been nearly as happy with the CLK 550 (quite nice with the 7-speed) they wanted to off-load the 6.3 and made me an offer I could not refuse.

Bottom line, they know me and I have bought many cars there. They still did a credit report even though I had not decided how I wanted to pay. Likemystoppie, you don't routinely run your clients?

I have to remember to tell those guys not to do it the moment I come in the darn showroom. My only credit "downgrades' are all the report runs I have from cars and mortgages!

I'd like to at least hear BHP's side before I get riled.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:54 PM
lumpking
Instructor

PCNA should be notified asap. I got screwed by a dealer in greensboro nc. and had the same problems with information flow, lack of attention to me when I called, no phone call to tell me that I won't be getting my RS and oh yeh, my $5k. I called PCNA and left a solid, well thought out complaint. My call was returned by someone who explained to me ,in great detail, what it means to have a Porsche franchise. There is a review of the dealers contract and complaints are dealt with. Does that mean you can have the dealers franchise pulled. Prob not, but if the dealer continues to act in a non professional manner their numbers of cars will slide as will their customer base. PCNA has the power that YOU don’t they can lean on the dealer hard if they need to. These complaints won't bring back a car that is sold. That's reality, but they may be able to get you into a car that is very close to what you want, and they won't jerk you like dealer might.

By the way, I just got confirmation of my RS production date in APR. MSRP, choice of the dealer to take delivery at, no deposit req, and no credit check. PCNA also values the little guy! I won’t dare say that your outcome will be the same as mine but if you really want to make a difference you need to make sure your words don’t fall on deaf ears.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:27 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 56 Likes on 23 Posts

in LA, best to go with Ruznak. They only sell at window, and are moderately decent to deal with, still less than fun and less than perfectly honest

saleswise BH and autogallery need to be avoided for P's

service -wise i love BH, but i'd never use their sales
Old 03-01-2007, 01:32 PM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

is $25K deposit common for BHP? Just sounds like an insane number to me. Thats too much to not be making any interest whatsoever. I can understand maybe $5K deposit. I paid $1K and that was for euro delivery.

Quick Reply: Beverly Hills have another car ...