Beverly Hills have another car ...

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 10:42 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

*grabs popcorn*

yup, this could be interesting.....

or a simple case of 'new sales person' tactics? smells like it...
Old 02-28-2007, 07:54 PM
Solo1111
Rennlist Member

So the worse has happened (as predicted by some of the fellow veteran Porschephiles here). Finally after weeks of dealing with BHP, I finally got an email (not even a phone call) that my car is sold to someone else. This is just complete BS.

Here is the worse part. They said that I am not eligible for the lease and therefore they sold the car to someone else. What kind of BS excuses is that? And really, the only reason why I want to lease is because it can be offset for my company tax. Obviously I could have bought the car outright but never was I informed that was the only option I have.

So all in all, I am extremely frustrated with my first experience with purchasing a Porsche. After almost 6 months of waiting, all I was offered was "well, dear sir, I guess we can get you back in the queue for maybe another 4 months of wait.".

I am TOTALLY speechless here. If there is anybody who can offer or point me in the right direction where I can pick up my dream GT3 within a reasonable timeslot (and hopefully still have the influence of picking or changing the options), that would be great. I don't know if I could trust BHP anymore...

NOTE: And here is the WORSE part, my business partner had purchased a C4S cab from them at the same time that I placed my order for the GT3. I would have hoped that we would get the right treatment...
Old 02-28-2007, 08:06 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That sucks big time. I would not go away peacefully. I'd say contact a lawyer...
Old 02-28-2007, 08:06 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 124 Posts

Sounds like a pile of c$%$ to me. Do you have a contract or not? They have your deposit?
Old 02-28-2007, 08:14 PM
Solo1111
Rennlist Member

Yes I have a contract for the $5,000 deposit that I have with them. And yes, they still have my deposit. And here is the email message they wrote:

"I’m sorry to say that your credit application has been denied and the vehicle has been sold. The reasons were lack of credit history. I need to know where to send the check for your deposit please. Feel free to call me about this. Again, I apologize."

Again, how come I did not get present the option of finance or even purchasing the car outright? I am completely lost here.

I guess BHP must be doing so well that they don't value my business.

*sigh*
Old 02-28-2007, 08:45 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 59 Posts

I suspect your contract has a clause that if your credit is denied they have a right to sell the car. Read it and determine if they have to give you an option to buy outright before selling it. My suspicion is maybe a better customer got the car.

I also would call Porsche customer service and tell them what happened and you are willing to pay for the car outright. There is still time to get this car.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:53 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

2 words..... ****IN ******!

I doesn't surprise me but it amazes me the stones some of these jackasses have.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:02 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Solo1111
Again, how come I did not get present the option of finance or even purchasing the car outright?
Because they could make more money selling the car to someone else (paying the gottahaveitnow premium) than by selling it to you.

Dirty rotten no good **********s. Good luck.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:19 PM
Solo1111
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nick
I suspect your contract has a clause that if your credit is denied they have a right to sell the car. Read it and determine if they have to give you an option to buy outright before selling it. My suspicion is maybe a better customer got the car.

I also would call Porsche customer service and tell them what happened and you are willing to pay for the car outright. There is still time to get this car.
Unfortunately I called the general sales manager and the car is SOLD today (a few hours ago according to him).
Old 02-28-2007, 09:19 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Well I hope BHP is happy I will never go there unless they come here and
A: give you the option to buy the car
B: Explain why the fu@ked you and it better be they were abducted by space aliens or better.
I almost bought a 993 TT from them years ago used but I didnt like the place something wasnt right.
on the flip side BHLexus has my business as they were first rate when I couldnt get the time of day from other Lexus dealers
there are ALOT of SoCal owners here -they are gonna pay for this short sighted fu@kup.
all for a couple bucks
Old 02-28-2007, 09:42 PM
SrfCity
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Solo1111
Unfortunately I called the general sales manager and the car is SOLD today (a few hours ago according to him).
Sure. Without knowing the exact specifics here IMO they are just expecting you to roll over. I'd take it up with PNA. Why did they wait until the car was here(leaving you to find that out on a car board) to then tell you that your credit didn't fly? Regardless of exact circumstances it's a sleaze move on the dealers part.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:52 PM
Solo1111
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SrfCity
Sure. Without knowing the exact specifics here IMO they are just expecting you to roll over. I'd take it up with PNA. Why did they wait until the car was here(leaving you to find that out on a car board) to then tell you that your credit didn't fly? Regardless of exact circumstances it's a sleaze move on the dealers part.
You raised a really good point here. As I am new to this board (and was excited to be a new Porschephile), I read through many great experiences where my the dealers would call and inform the status with the car, like the status, ship date, arrival date, etc. For me, this WAS NOT the case at all. I had to call Beverly Hills Porsched time after time to find out the status for my car. When I enquired about the build date and ship date, my sales guy WAS NOT able to fulfill it until I forward him one of the threads from this forum to show him what code to look from in the system.

I just informed my business partner about the situation and he too is totall pissed about the situation. And apparently he also got back cornered by Beverly Hills Porsche into a deal with practically no options (financially). Now with this incident, he wants to return his car and we want to go to a dealer who can take care of us. This is absolutely ridiculous!!!

I apologize for the rant but I am sure some of you may understand the pain I am going through right now.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:43 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

They lost me as a customer long ago due to their arrogant sales staff and crappy little service department, but this is absolute bull****...there is NO exuse for offerring your car for sale while they have $5,000 of your money.

Best of luck getting something out of them. If I was you, and they were not willing to right this wrong today, I'd let them know the whole So Cal Porsche community will be made aware of your experience.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:56 PM
Solo1111
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
They lost me as a customer long ago due to their arrogant sales staff and crappy little service department, but this is absolute bull****...there is NO exuse for offerring your car for sale while they have $5,000 of your money.

Best of luck getting something out of them. If I was you, and they were not willing to right this wrong today, I'd let them know the whole So Cal Porsche community will be made aware of your experience.
Thanks for the kind words. In fact I just realized I made a big mistake. My business partner informed me that my deposit was $25,000, not $5000. Initially I offered $5,000 but Beverly Hills Porsche claimed that it is not enough for such a special car and asked if we can put down something more. So at the end we decided to put in more to secure the spot back in September for a January build.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:01 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

What?! Definitely talk to an attorney. Take off the gloves.

Quick Reply: Beverly Hills have another car ...