Do I have SmartTop installed?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 06:00 AM
nine87
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I have SmartTop installed?

Hi everyone,

This seems like such a noob question. I've had my 2008 997.1 for less than a month and I'm loving it!

When I collected the car, I tested the remote and was pleasantly surprised when I saw that button 3 controlled the soft-top. That's a cool feature, I thought.

But after reading some of the threads on this forum, I began to wonder whether the previous owner had installed SmartTop. None of the other features (chirp when doors locked/unlocked; one touch soft top from the console switch) seem to be present though.

I tried entering configuration mode (on the assumption that SmartTop was installed) but pulling the control stalk for 3 seconds didn't do anything.

Is there any other way to tell whether SmartTop is installed? Am I following the correct step to enter config mode?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-25-2017, 09:14 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by nine87
Hi everyone,

This seems like such a noob question. I've had my 2008 997.1 for less than a month and I'm loving it!

When I collected the car, I tested the remote and was pleasantly surprised when I saw that button 3 controlled the soft-top. That's a cool feature, I thought.

But after reading some of the threads on this forum, I began to wonder whether the previous owner had installed SmartTop. None of the other features (chirp when doors locked/unlocked; one touch soft top from the console switch) seem to be present though.

I tried entering configuration mode (on the assumption that SmartTop was installed) but pulling the control stalk for 3 seconds didn't do anything.

Is there any other way to tell whether SmartTop is installed? Am I following the correct step to enter config mode?

Any help would be appreciated.
Look for the module.

http://www.mods4cars.com/sms/db/smar...install/en.php
Old 03-29-2017, 04:06 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 124 Posts

Aside from digging in to find the module, just go to their website, download the operator's manual, and then try to access the various functions. It's all controlled from the lower left stalk.

Quick Reply: Do I have SmartTop installed?