Sponsored by:

Update - keeping it!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 03:28 PM
Backmarker
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
I just bought a used, but virtually brand new set of PCCBs for my Cayenne that will go on after the Widebody is completed - rotors, calipers, pads, sensors, etc for $10,000. That same Cayenne setup new from Suncoast is $23,000. They're impossible to find used - I bought them from Germany.

Didn't have them on my 997 and didn't want them when I was shopping for my wife's, but the car we found for her had them. She wanted to use some wheels I had on my car that wouldn't clear them so I swapped complete brake setups between the 2 cars. Now that I've had them, can't live without them, and don't want anything else - thus the Cayenne add-on purchase
+997

I have PCCB on both my 911s and if I buy a cayenne (turbo or gts) it will have them too

Against the advice of many I did dozens of track days on my gen 1 PCCBs on my 996 GT3 and they are fine. With the right pads (Pagid Greens), cup ducts and an experienced driver who doesn't brake too much they are fine on track, even at Laguna which is tough on brakes

On the street they are awesome. Great presence, excellent feel and less unsprung weight I have convinced myself I can feel.

OP- glad you kept your car, very hard to find one as nicely equipped!
Old 03-26-2017, 10:03 PM
devioustrap
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Para82
That's a lot of car for 27k

For me I discussed listing mine at 27k here on Rennlist and once I put up the "official" listing on Cargurus it started at 34k - day 2 raised to 44k and then pulled.

After I got the AASCO LWFW /clutch/slave cylinder work done it made it very difficult to let go - it drives perfect and very engaging. I'm making excuses to drive it again similar to those first couple years of ownership.
Well mine miserably failed the PPI. Some bearing noise coming from the tranny, RMS is leaking, needs brakes all around, and a leaking rear strut.

So if you change your mind again and want to sell...
Old 03-27-2017, 01:55 AM
ATSR
Burning Brakes

Received 202 Likes on 94 Posts

I'm glad you didn't go for the Corvette. Friends don't let friends drive plastic cars
Old 03-27-2017, 06:50 AM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by devioustrap
Well mine miserably failed the PPI. Some bearing noise coming from the tranny, RMS is leaking, needs brakes all around, and a leaking rear strut.

So if you change your mind again and want to sell...
RMS/clutch/flywheel/brakes - $5,000+ leverage....
Old 03-27-2017, 06:52 AM
Para82
Race Car

Originally Posted by ATSR
I'm glad you didn't go for the Corvette. Friends don't let friends drive plastic cars
I also joined a Stingray group on FB, they really like chrome, lots of chrome - I don't get it.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:46 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 903 Likes on 532 Posts

Yah I can't believe it's a Mustang tbh - they could of put an Aston Martin badge on the front and charged 180k as a special edition instead - it's that good.

Well Ford had something to prove and it shows - I highly recommend the car to any Porsche driver.
Lol, it is far, very, very far from an Aston Martin. At wife's store Saturday (RR, Bentley, Aston Martin . . .) and felt like I was in an art gallery. Literally drove across the street to Porsche dealership and everything felt low rent and cheap. Love our Porsches (991 GT3, '12 tt cab, '16 Macan S), but felt like I was driving off in a beater, used Kia leaving her store Saturday.

The flat-plane engine is cool, but it is still all Stang otherwise.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:34 PM
Para82
Race Car

Originally Posted by Doug H
Lol, it is far, very, very far from an Aston Martin. At wife's store Saturday (RR, Bentley, Aston Martin . . .) and felt like I was in an art gallery. Literally drove across the street to Porsche dealership and everything felt low rent and cheap. Love our Porsches (991 GT3, '12 tt cab, '16 Macan S), but felt like I was driving off in a beater, used Kia leaving her store Saturday.

The flat-plane engine is cool, but it is still all Stang otherwise.
Aston Martin Vantage GT in all honesty (and I think they are beautiful) have nowhere near the engineering and specs of the new Shelby GT350/R - not even close. In fact the new Aston Martin Vantage V12 got annihilated by the GT350R at Laguna Seca - something like 7 seconds faster lap time. It's not even much of a comparison - great interior though! I like Aston but I would much rather own the 911 or the GT350. That's just me - If I was Leno sure i'd have one to represent the British Muscle I think they are cool cars.

Last edited by Para82; 03-27-2017 at 08:52 PM.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:01 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Your keeping the car congrats

what's your list if upcoming mods????
Old 03-27-2017, 09:57 PM
Para82
Race Car

Originally Posted by mickfluff
Your keeping the car congrats

what's your list if upcoming mods????
Rennline pedals over some newly ordered Lloyds mats - very excited !
Old 03-27-2017, 11:31 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Aston Martin Vantage GT in all honesty (and I think they are beautiful) have nowhere near the engineering and specs of the new Shelby GT350/R - not even close. In fact the new Aston Martin Vantage V12 got annihilated by the GT350R at Laguna Seca - something like 7 seconds faster lap time. It's not even much of a comparison - great interior though! I like Aston but I would much rather own the 911 or the GT350. That's just me - If I was Leno sure i'd have one to represent the British Muscle I think they are cool cars.
These are all Vanquishs, Vanquish Volantes and DB Volantes. I think they only have one Vantage V12, but it was outside and I didn't look at it. There is so much more than lap times around the track. All of these cars have more than sufficient capability for driving on public streets so it comes down to style.

I traded my '12 tt cab and '17 M3 on a GTC Speed convertible today. It's a pig, but it is super sweet and has plenty for cruising around town. The Vanquish Volante is unreal and sounded incredible, but too pricey at $350k.

The GT12 is their track/road car. The Vantage V12 is entry level cruiser.

Interested in how this is not "even close" to Mustang engineering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5jm...ature=youtu.be

GT12 versus 991 GT3 and McLaren 650 . . .

https://www.topgear.com/videos/chris...s-mclaren-650s

Last edited by Doug H; 03-28-2017 at 01:28 AM.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:54 AM
jsalah
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok. I'm going to betray my ignorance-- but what in tarnation is "AASCO LWFW" ?!
Old 03-28-2017, 01:04 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,170 Likes on 3,934 Posts

Originally Posted by jsalah
Ok. I'm going to betray my ignorance-- but what in tarnation is "AASCO LWFW" ?!
Aasco is a brand of Lightweight Flywheel
Old 03-28-2017, 06:34 AM
Para82
Race Car

Originally Posted by Doug H
These are all Vanquishs, Vanquish Volantes and DB Volantes. I think they only have one Vantage V12, but it was outside and I didn't look at it. There is so much more than lap times around the track. All of these cars have more than sufficient capability for driving on public streets so it comes down to style.

I traded my '12 tt cab and '17 M3 on a GTC Speed convertible today. It's a pig, but it is super sweet and has plenty for cruising around town. The Vanquish Volante is unreal and sounded incredible, but too pricey at $350k.

The GT12 is their track/road car. The Vantage V12 is entry level cruiser.

Interested in how this is not "even close" to Mustang engineering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5jm...ature=youtu.be

GT12 versus 991 GT3 and McLaren 650 . . .

https://www.topgear.com/videos/chris...s-mclaren-650s

The Aston sure got it's butt handed to it race after race at IMSA CTSC by the GT350 - which won the whole series.

Saying a GT350 has a cool engine but the rest is all Stang would be like me looking at your 991 GT3 and saying yah nice flat six, 9000 rpm is cool but the rest is all basic Carrera.

The 5.2 FPC is the largest most powerful n/a production V8 in the world. There's a quite a bit more to it i'll type it out when I get a minute.

Last edited by Para82; 03-28-2017 at 07:39 AM.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:13 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

The Aston sure got it's butt handed to it race after race at IMSA CTSC by the GT350 - which won the whole series.

Saying a GT350 has a cool engine but the rest is all Stang would be like me looking at your 991 GT3 and saying yah nice flat six, 9000 rpm is cool but the rest is all basic Carrera.

The 5.2 FPC is the largest most powerful n/a production V8 in the world. There's a quite a bit more to it i'll type it out when I get a minute.
Lol, at the IMSA race stuff.

Brother, I was only laughing at this comment before kinda following you down a rabbit hole:

"Yah I can't believe it's a Mustang tbh - they could of put an Aston Martin badge on the front and charged 180k as a special edition instead - it's that good."

Its all good if the Mustang is your Aston Martin.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:44 PM
Para82
Race Car

Why are you laughing out loud at IMSA ??

Tell you what next time you're in Destin pull up in your Vanquish i'll pull up in the GT350 - then we can see which car is more "cool" lol

Quick Reply: Update - keeping it!