Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Introductions, my 911 dream, and my nightmare!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 10:36 PM
Five12Free
Rennlist Member

Received 199 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by mike9186
I cannot believe you had these problems immediately after buying it and Porsche of Austin would not cover it completely. Don't most used cars have a 30 day warranty? This makes the dealer look so incredibly irresponsible I really think you have a strong case to bring to Porsche NA. I think you should be reimbursed completely.

Stay on them and don't stop. Call a lawyer. Call the local Austin Television news. Most have business fraud segments that have that catchy "Shame...Shame...Shame.....Shame on You" jingle.
Hahaha, that's hilarious. I plan on calling Porsche NA, but not very optimistic. I'm sure their response will be why didn't you buy the warranty? (Which I'm pretty sure no warranty covers clutches)
Old 03-19-2017, 11:37 PM
Redhot2474
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Confused

you paid over 8k out of pocket after just buying car?

most states have state law of 3 days to cancel contract for full refund...?

no 3 month or at least 30 day warranty?

get a lawyer, way to much going on here from bald tires(hazard), to false advertising

you shouldn't have to pay 1$ out of yikes pocket and in fact they owe you $ for inconvenience, time, danger, etc
Old 03-19-2017, 11:39 PM
ronvanr
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

No lemon laws in Texas? Most states have laws to protect car buyers from stories like this. I'm shocked this is coming from a Porsche dealership.

I always thought if I bought a car from a Porsche dealership, I wouldn't need a PPI, lesson learned, sorry it's at your expense.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. If you talk with a lawyer, I'd try talking to one in Texas, they might be more familiar with what your rights are since that is were the car was purchased.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:54 PM
jsalah
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Para82
Hey Rennlist lawyers speak up! This guy deserves a little help.
Yeah... I'm one of those. (But I'm not a litigator and don't practice in TX.) But my opinion generally is that this may not be the most effective course of action. It's just going to cost the OP more money.

Originally Posted by StormRune
However, it was my observation that the new owners do seem a lot more interested in PR concerns that the prior ones so I'd try to see if you can get direct contact with the store's general manager and let him know you are "sharing" your experiences on Rennlist. You can find his info on their About Us part of the web site.
I think this is the better angle. This is a BIG community, and most Porsche dealers absolutely DO care about their reputation. Sounds like this dealership is under new management that may care a lot more than the last one. Screwing over a customer like this is not good at all -- least of all a serviceman or woman.

It would be MUCH cheaper for them ultimately to make him whole or at least split the $8k with him and mend the relationship, than to have the negative press and lose a couple of sales -- which is not at all inconceivable.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:59 PM
Redhot2474
Racer

Default Wise words....

Originally Posted by jsalah
Yeah... I'm one of those. (But I'm not a litigator and don't practice in TX.) But my opinion generally is that this may not be the most effective course of action. It's just going to cost the OP more money.

I think this is the better angle. This is a BIG community, and most Porsche dealers absolutely DO care about their reputation. Sounds like this dealership is under new management that may care a lot more than the last one. Screwing over a customer like this is not good at all -- least of all a serviceman or woman.

It would be MUCH cheaper for them ultimately to make him whole or at least split the $8k with him and mend the relationship, than to have the negative press and lose a couple of sales -- which is not at all inconceivable.

OP's post really bothered me.....
Old 03-20-2017, 12:37 AM
Own Goal
Team Owner

Received 2,322 Likes on 1,395 Posts

Texas absolutely has a lemon law.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:22 AM
gasongasoff
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Five12Free
Hahaha, that's hilarious. I plan on calling Porsche NA, but not very optimistic. I'm sure their response will be why didn't you buy the warranty? (Which I'm pretty sure no warranty covers clutches)
Call PCNA, see what they will do. The non-CPO warranty wouldn't be through Porsche anyway, it would have been through a 3rd party.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:31 AM
Supermode
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

$8k is a down payment on house. There's definitely something wrong here. Get a lawyer and sue them.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:14 AM
abrescia
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 36 Posts

Well- a lot of the greatest things I your life will be associated with crazy stories! One look at that white car though and I'm sure you're glad its yours. That thing is beautiful so drive the sh#* out of it cause you deserve it. Congratulations dude.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:07 AM
Five12Free
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jsalah

Yeah I don't think I would be able to sue and win because I did sign that magic piece of paper that says the car is sold as is. I'm just really surprised that an actual Porsche dealership would stoop so low to sell a car that wasn't sorted at all. I had a conversation with my wife on how I think it's better to pay a bit more for a car there because I'm sure they fixed the problems (rookie mistake). Porsche dealers are humans and can be crooks too.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:09 AM
Five12Free
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by abrescia
Well- a lot of the greatest things I your life will be associated with crazy stories! One look at that white car though and I'm sure you're glad its yours. That thing is beautiful so drive the sh#* out of it cause you deserve it. Congratulations dude.
Thanks! I do find myself opening the garage door and just staring at it some days
Old 03-20-2017, 10:48 AM
jdgamble
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Five12Free
Yeah I don't think I would be able to sue and win because I did sign that magic piece of paper that says the car is sold as is. I'm just really surprised that an actual Porsche dealership would stoop so low to sell a car that wasn't sorted at all. I had a conversation with my wife on how I think it's better to pay a bit more for a car there because I'm sure they fixed the problems (rookie mistake). Porsche dealers are humans and can be crooks too.
I'm getting a vibe that you are willing to accept what they did to you. You shouldn't. Porsche customer service works wonders with the dealerships. They don't want unhappy customers. Focus on the fact that you were sold a dangerous Porsche by a Porsche dealership. It's really messed up. I am confident that you will get some sort of compensation. I did. Twice actually.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:51 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just read this on the texas Att. general's web site:

Warranties and Insurance
Get all promises about service and guarantees in writing in the contract and in the final copy of the buyer's guide. If you were promised something but it is not in writing, do not sign. If the seller offers a warranty, it must be in writing for it to be valid.

All used car dealers are required by federal law to tell buyers whether a used car is being sold with or without a warranty. Dealers must clearly display this information on a side window of each used car. The buyer's guide, or window form, should state either:

"AS IS" -- the vehicle does not have a warranty and the seller is under no obligation for repairs; or
"WARRANTY" -- the vehicle has a warranty, and the window form must list exactly what parts and services are covered and for how long.

-looks like Texas indeed doesn't have a minimum 30 or more day warranty. Still this is terrible treatment by Porsche, and unacceptable. The dealer made claims that the car had been serviced, but you found that it wasn't, and noted by the other dealer.

Even though they may not be legally required, Porsche should make this right.

I would call PCNA, you have the paperwork from 2 Porsche dealers within 24hrs of purchase, I would hope that they will meet you at least part way. Good luck and thanks for your service.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:53 AM
Redhot2474
Racer

Default Get pissed off...

Originally Posted by jdgamble
I'm getting a vibe that you are willing to accept what they did to you. You shouldn't. Porsche customer service works wonders with the dealerships. They don't want unhappy customers. Focus on the fact that you were sold a dangerous Porsche by a Porsche dealership. It's really messed up. I am confident that you will get some sort of compensation. I did. Twice actually.
completely agree, you were taken advantage of...and it was downright threatening your life....
Old 03-20-2017, 10:59 AM
997_Toronto
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Brutal experience but sunnier skies on the horizon.

Definitely go after the dealership for every penny that you invested after the sale, they owe it to you & an apology to boot. I do agree with the 'legal' opinion, this might end up costing you more using that route, shame them on all message boards and send them links to your posts so they know you're not taking this sitting down.

Welcome to the 911 club!

Quick Reply: Introductions, my 911 dream, and my nightmare!