Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear bumper bump outs

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 11:20 AM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

Got curious, so just for the record: On the parts diagrams the inside part that actually provides the resistance is called the "Bumper Guard Buffer", looking pretty much like a big rubber block. 997-505-845-00

The outer cover to make it look pretty is called the ""Bumper Guard Cover". 997-505-626-02

I guess that means taken together they are the "Bumper Guard".
Old 03-25-2017, 11:45 AM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by vern1
I just had mine mashed in by some idiot pick up driver. It does not look like anything is effected except the bump stops but will need these replaced and likely the bumper resprayed. Do the stops underneath the bumperettes just get replaced?
Vern....the 4.0 is mashed? I think I would be climbing out of my skull. At least it's only the bumperettes, but still after all you've been through to have "some idiot" realease his stupidity on the 4.0 is just a shame.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:08 PM
vern1
Drifting

Received 104 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by myw
any photos rick? i believe the bump stops can be swapped out.
Originally Posted by SoCal C2S
Vern....the 4.0 is mashed? I think I would be climbing out of my skull. At least it's only the bumperettes, but still after all you've been through to have "some idiot" realease his stupidity on the 4.0 is just a shame.
Here's a shot. I hope its a "simple" job to replace the covers and the guards behind it. There are a couple of marks through the clear coat on the fender itself so that will likely require a respray.

I like the look of the non bumperettes but without those it would have caused much more damage and possibly impinged on the engine bay where the serious money is!! From what i can see the stops took 99% of the force. It was one of those seriously large Dodge Rams with the massive front fenders
Attached Images  
Old 03-25-2017, 07:31 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 529 Likes on 315 Posts

Here's a shot. I hope its a "simple" job to replace the covers and the guards behind it. There are a couple of marks through the clear coat on the fender itself so that will likely require a respray.

I like the look of the non bumperettes but without those it would have caused much more damage and possibly impinged on the engine bay where the serious money is!! From what i can see the stops took 99% of the force. It was one of those seriously large Dodge Rams with the massive front fenders
looks like just the bumperettes, very very easy fix based on your photo. you can even have the new bumperettes painted in advance, and then just take the car in for an hour or 2 to have them rear bumper removed and swapped out.

you can find the used 05-08 rear bumperettes for pretty cheap.
Old 03-26-2017, 12:16 PM
vern1
Drifting

Received 104 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by myw
looks like just the bumperettes, very very easy fix based on your photo. you can even have the new bumperettes painted in advance, and then just take the car in for an hour or 2 to have them rear bumper removed and swapped out.

you can find the used 05-08 rear bumperettes for pretty cheap.
I imagine the bump stops underneath the bumperettes needs to be replaced. It will all be done by the guys insurance so will take it to a good shop and get new parts

Thanks
Old 03-27-2017, 10:52 PM
drockzcity
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I imagine the bump stops underneath the bumperettes needs to be replaced. It will all be done by the guys insurance so will take it to a good shop and get new parts

Thanks
Sorry to hear Richard! At least you'll be taken care of through insurance.. luckily the the rubber bump stops took a majority of the impact. You may be lucky and only need to replace the covers.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:56 PM
drockzcity
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dannysf
Hey bro, is this a custom job or does someone sell the back plate? Could you describe what you did if it was a custom job? My bumperettes are dented and I just ordered a pair from suncoast. Was planning to spray them and install them but this may be a better option if I'm paying anyway.
I forgot exactly where but I found a shop online that made a few plates available to the public. Picked it up a year ago and just got around to the install the other week. The mounting is a little bit of a custom job so just be prepared for it.
Old 03-29-2017, 03:59 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 125 Posts

Here's my do-it-yourself guidance on removing and replacing them. Keep them!

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...p-by-step.html

Quick Reply: rear bumper bump outs