Looking at tomorrow - 997.2 C4S

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 10:46 PM
MN911Fan
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at tomorrow - 997.2 C4S

Hi all,

New poster to the forum but long-time reader. Also long-time car guy and soon to be (hopefully) Porsche owner. I've been in the market for a while, but I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger. I'd love to hear your thoughts on a car I may make an offer on...for those of you that still like doing that kind of thing. For reference, I'm coming from a 2008 M3.

I'm about to make the move to Minnesota. I've seen a lot of threads here regarding daily driving a 911 there, and it seems like a C4S fits the bill (yes, I know there are haters out there for DDing a 911 in the winter). I'm not in a position to have two cars, so this is the plan.

I am planning to test drive a CPO 2010 C4S tomorrow and think it could be the one. It's from a dealer, 2 owner and clean carfax. Seems to have all the main options except for Chrono and it's manual.

Asking price is $61K. Thoughts on what this car is worth?

Any and all input is appreciated!
Old 02-03-2017, 10:57 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,151 Likes on 731 Posts

Lots of things affect price ... miles, transmission, full leather, PASM/SPASM, seats, rare color, etc. Details would help.

I've got a 2010 C4S PDK full leather with PASM and Sport Chrono, ventilated/heated seats, heated steering wheel, and more that I picked up 29 months ago with 35K miles for less than what you're quoting.

Mine was private purchase and no warranty. I buy the seller and used cars for me come from individuals. I DIY and don't worry about warranty. Everyone is different. But a dealer with warranty is an added value.

I've put 55K miles on mine beyond the 35K it came with. I can't imagine leaving it in the garage. We don't have snow in the SF Bay Area, but I know a lot of people on this Forum drive in the snow (I'd love to have the opportunity).

Good luck with your pursuit. One warning, if you drive it you will buy it. These cars are just that way.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:58 PM
Greg2010
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 58 Posts

Good luck. Love my 2010 C4S and use it as my dd. Hard to say...but can you share some pics, MSRP and current condition/ mileage?
Old 02-03-2017, 11:18 PM
MN911Fan
Track Day

Thanks guys for the quick responses. I should have just posted the link. Here you go:

https://jack-daniels.porschedealer.com/inventory/Porsche+Carrera+4S+Coupe+Upper+Saddle+River+New+Jersey+2010+Black+101687 2
Old 02-03-2017, 11:23 PM
MN911Fan
Track Day

Originally Posted by Wayne Smith
Lots of things affect price ... miles, transmission, full leather, PASM/SPASM, seats, rare color, etc. Details would help.

I've got a 2010 C4S PDK full leather with PASM and Sport Chrono, ventilated/heated seats, heated steering wheel, and more that I picked up 29 months ago with 35K miles for less than what you're quoting.

Mine was private purchase and no warranty. I buy the seller and used cars for me come from individuals. I DIY and don't worry about warranty. Everyone is different. But a dealer with warranty is an added value.

I've put 55K miles on mine beyond the 35K it came with. I can't imagine leaving it in the garage. We don't have snow in the SF Bay Area, but I know a lot of people on this Forum drive in the snow (I'd love to have the opportunity).

Good luck with your pursuit. One warning, if you drive it you will buy it. These cars are just that way.
Thanks Wayne. I usually buy the owner too, but CPO seems to be a reasonable exception based on what I have read. Especially with low mileage. Oh well, I think a test drive will be key. Looking forward to it.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:24 PM
DC911S
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 133 Posts

Give us a link to its listing and we can advise you. Miles and options make a difference. In Minnesota you will need snow tires. So budget for winter wheels and tires. Don't use summer tires in the snow and all season tires are worthless.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:28 PM
MN911Fan
Track Day

Originally Posted by DC911S
Give us a link to its listing and we can advise you. Miles and options make a difference. In Minnesota you will need snow tires. So budget for winter wheels and tires. Don't use summer tires in the snow and all season tires are worthless.
Agree, definitely plan to get dedicated winter wheels and snow tires. I meant to post the link. Here you go:

https://jack-daniels.porschedealer.com/inventory/Porsche+Carrera+4S+Coupe+Upper+Saddle+River+New+Jersey+2010+Black+101687 2
Old 02-04-2017, 12:07 AM
MN911Fan
Track Day

I tried posting a link, but the moderator has to approve it. The car is black and looks to be in great condition, 21K miles, manual, PTM / PSM / PASM / ASR / PCM, alcantara headliner, heated seats / steering wheel, leather seats (not sure if full leather). Will know more after test drive.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:11 AM
verboten
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get VIN # and you can find out factory options.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:21 AM
MN911Fan
Track Day

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by verboten
Get VIN # and you can find out factory options.
Did not know that, thanks!

Exterior:
Black

Interior:
Black Standard Leather

Additional Equipment:
Self Dimming Mirrors
Heated Seats
Heated Steering Wheel
19" Carrera Classic Wheel
Rear Window Wiper
Wheel Caps with Colored Crest
Manual transmission
Bluetooth Interface for Mobile Phone
Navigation Module for PCM
BOSE High End Sound Package
XM Radio
6-Disc CD/DVD Changer
Floor Mats in Interior Color
Universal Audio Interface
Black
Black Standard Leather
Power Comfort Seats with Driver Memory
Sun Visors in Leather
Porsche Crest in Headrests
Footrest in Aluminum
Old 02-04-2017, 12:32 AM
DC911S
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 133 Posts

That's a nice list. Surprising it does not have sport chrono.
Old 02-04-2017, 01:01 AM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,151 Likes on 731 Posts

That is a nice list!

Sport Chrono can be added after the fact (without the wart) but is not so important with a manual transmission.

You will love the heated steering wheel in your climate (I love mine in the moderate winter chill of the SF Bay Area).

Definitely snow tires. Separate wheels make sense. Summer tours are compromised at near freezing temperatures.

Good luck with the test drive.
Old 02-04-2017, 01:03 AM
ATSR
Burning Brakes

Received 202 Likes on 94 Posts

That's a nice list. Surprising it does not have sport chrono.
I think it's great that it doesn't have that option. I hate the wart on the dash. It looks terrible and it's completely useless.
Old 02-04-2017, 01:36 AM
Hula
Burning Brakes

Received 202 Likes on 97 Posts

Looks good. If it helps I picked up a 2011 C4S 6 months ago for $63k. From the dealer but non-CPO'd. 33k miles. Similarly equipped except mine has Chrono, PSE, and Sport Chassis. $61k for a 2010 w/ 21k miles isn't a good deal but probably a fair deal. Mine was listed for $66k but low-balled and they took it.

I'm confused a bit on your CPO. I thought Porsche North America had a cut off of 6 years for CPO's. Is the dealer using a 3rd party? Make sure you nail down the warranty expiration date.

BTW I'm also 1 car household. I've managed to put 9k miles on it since writing the check and I work from home. Mostly road trips/ski trips. It handles well in the snow with the right tires but watch out for those snow banks.
Old 02-04-2017, 01:37 AM
max540i
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I picked up a CPO 2009 C4S Cab 6sp DD a couple months ago, $61k seems to be in the ballpark, see 997.2 C2S/C4S asking prices thread for discussion on that topic, i did a tirerack package for the winter tires, wish mine had the heated steering wheel option, other than that my only issue is the guilt i feel when it gets a really bad salt bath. I don't see the car on the porsche.com/usa locator, is it a porsche dealer or did the 2nd owner obtain CPO warranty?

Quick Reply: Looking at tomorrow - 997.2 C4S