Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help needed! recommend service provider for PDK service in Washington DC area

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 08:58 AM
kappa88af
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed! recommend service provider for PDK service in Washington DC area

I have a 2009 Porsche 997.2 base with PDK. The car has 38k miles. It is recommended that the PDK clutch oil be changed at 6yr or 60k miles and the transmission oil and filter at 12yr or 120k miles. Although I do not have the mileage, I have the age. I am a little nervous. I have an appointment with an indy to do the work but after reading the forums, some would not trust an indy for this service. I called three Porsche dealers in my area and two didn't know about the 6yr clutch oil change and said to do both (the 6yr and 12yr service) the other hadn't gotten back to me as they were not familiar with the 6yr service. I don't understand because the 6yr service is in the Porsche maintenance interval guide. When I called the indy, they got back to me right away and knew about the 6yr and 12yr service intervals. Has anyone in the DC area had PDK service done and is comfortable with the service provider. Thanks
Old 12-15-2016, 09:16 AM
too tall
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Silver Spring Porsche (Tom W.) is good. They have treated me very well. Would not hesitate to go with them.
Old 12-15-2016, 03:51 PM
motopix
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ASG in Fairfax has been great to work with.
Old 12-16-2016, 09:41 AM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Which indy shop did you reach out to. There are a lot of good shops in the DC area depending on where you are. I used the following for years before leaving the area: ASG (near Dun Loring metro stop), Chapman Auto Werks (near Dulles Airport), Intersport (in Tysons Corner), IMA in Chantilly. There is a very active local web board you can ask questions of too: dorkiphus.net. The main players are locals who are very active with the Potomac club and track activities. They can provide great information too.

-Skip
Old 12-16-2016, 10:35 PM
kappa88af
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the comments. I think I am going with ASG

Quick Reply: Help needed! recommend service provider for PDK service in Washington DC area