Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just a heads up to double check West Broward Porsche's (FL) "inspection"...

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 02:20 PM
JasonNY
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just a heads up to double check West Broward Porsche's (FL) "inspection"...

Had my car in for service there and the service advisor was pushing me to buy new front tires over the phone. I declined as I knew they weren't due. I'm just looking over the inspection sheet and comparing to measurements I just took with my tread depth gauge (the tires are Mich PS2s). The rears were only replaced about 1000 miles ago, the manuf specs say new they're 8.5/32nds. My reading for the rears now is 8/32nds which makes sense, West Broward has on their sheet 5/32nds! My fronts are actually 5/32nds and West Broward put down 3/32nds. I don't know if it's an incompetent tech or a scam to get you to buy new tires prematurely. Either way, beware.
Old 12-14-2016, 03:20 PM
GTS Sully
Pro

Received 151 Likes on 87 Posts

Sounds like most dealers in this day and age. Find yourself an Indy.
Old 12-14-2016, 03:25 PM
Ben Z
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

When mine was under CPO I used to take it to the dealern (not that one, they weren't in business yet) where they would give me an inspection sheet each time, and on several occasions the tires grew new tread and/or the brake pads got thicker from one time to the next If you need recommendations for an indie in the area feel free to PM me.
Old 12-14-2016, 10:53 PM
Fined
Three Wheelin'

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by GTS Sully
Sounds like most dealers in this day and age. Find yourself an Indy.

Absolutely.
Old 12-15-2016, 09:57 AM
semicycler
Three Wheelin'

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Not defending the dealer, just pointing out pcars do not always wear tires evenly. Check the rear inside edges as this area wears the fastest, especially if the car has too much rear toe alignment. Or better yet take measurements across the entire width of the tire. And be sure to measure near but not on top of the wear bars built into the tire tread.

Quick Reply: Just a heads up to double check West Broward Porsche's (FL) "inspection"...