Sponsored by:

997.2 CENTER MUFFLER DELETE

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 06:13 PM
docdrs
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts
Default 997.2 CENTER MUFFLER DELETE

Installed my bypass pipe today. Got all the rusted nuts off by cleaning them , then hitting with a torch , pound the deep socket on drop the hammer and ratchet off the nut. Had to do it a few times on the severe ones and he lower inside were toast so we just torched them off.Loosened the muffler hanger, then pryed the upper muffler hanger off the cat/ center muffler flange to free the center muffler. Heated the flange up to punch the bolts (they were rusted in the flange)out so we wouldn't be transfer banging on the cats. Then cleaned up the cat flange , installed supplied bolts( had to shorten inside passenger bolt as it wouldnt clear to slide in, could have reversed it but I did not one bolt,nut different.) installed supplied gasket. Tightened bolts, slide clamp from muffler pipe halfway onto new centre delete pipe and tighten nuts.

I did remove the rear bumper cover... very straight forward and easy. Loosen two torx holding rear light assembly ( don't have to remove completely ), pull assembly straight back, remove wireing harness from assembly. I did not place on car as wire harness clip comes off easy. Undo 4 top and 6 lower torx, one hidden in each wheel well, and pull unscrew aligning push pin under front of rear light assembly. Now wiggle one side of bumper free, then the other side. Undo license plate light plug. Now, I have rear sensors which has a long wiring harness that was just easier to pull out coiled wire then place bumper cover on top of a blanket on top of the rear window withe the sensor harness still connected. The re install is the reverse and super easy.

I removed the bumper as i knew I was going to be torching something and it made it possible to use a flex coupler on an extended ratchet to get at the top cat nuts.

The car sounds better, It still has stealth mode when driving like grandpa, but I would say it is a minor step up..... I now Im going to be doing the Gundo if I want it be more respectable.

Last edited by docdrs; 11-18-2016 at 07:02 PM.
Old 11-18-2016, 09:06 PM
OKB
Three Wheelin'

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

seams like alot of trouble for a 5 yr old car, must be extreme rust and corrosion

Quick Reply: 997.2 CENTER MUFFLER DELETE