Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone in ATL can take a car for PPI for me?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 11:31 AM
jslo
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Anyone in ATL can take a car for PPI for me?

Considering a car in the Atlanta area, but I'm currently in New Hampshire. Anyone willing to take a car to Premier for a pre-purchase inspection for me?
Old 10-03-2016, 04:27 PM
jeffm
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm out if town through Friday, but would possibly have the chance this weekend/early next week. Shoot me a PM if you'd like.
Jeff
Old 10-03-2016, 06:16 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You could have the dealer you are going to purchased from take it. Have Premier call you when the vehicle arrives and have them send you the PPI results directly. I would also recommend talking to the mechanic who will do the PPI. If they are an honest dealer, they will have no problems doing that. If they are not willing to do it, then I would look for another vehicle. Both my Porsches were purchased out of state and both took it to get a PPI w/o question.
Old 10-03-2016, 06:41 PM
jslo
Intermediate

I have actually asked for exactly that. Haven't heard back from them yet other than to say "we'll check in to it." I told them I would pay for the PPI and time for someone to bring the car over. I feel like they just don't want to deal with the hassle which is dumb because I'm a cash buyer. I've even offered to give a deposit, but they won't hold the car until I can get down there (late Oct). I'm not paying for a car I can't get inspected so we are at a temporary impasse. I'm still willing to to have the PPI done and if it all good, will make travel arrangements ASAP, but I'm not booking a flight to buy a car that is going to need a ton of work, or possibly won't be there.
Old 10-03-2016, 06:43 PM
Jaskfri
Pro

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

My car came from a small town outside New York City. I had the seller take it to the nearest dealer for a PPI since I was buying long distance. Why won't your seller do that for a sincere buyer? If he won't, the dealer probably has porters who will pick it up for a PPI.
Old 10-03-2016, 06:53 PM
jslo
Intermediate

They have already said they don't mind having a PPI done on it, just not if they will take it to have it done. I've always dealt locally so this is a first for me. I would go down there like this weekend but I also happen to be in the process of moving, so realistically I can't get down there until after I get sorted here.

​​​​​
Old 10-03-2016, 07:00 PM
OKB
Three Wheelin'

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

personally I wouldnt deal with a car dealer who wasnt interested enough to accomidate a simple request
Old 10-04-2016, 09:30 AM
jslo
Intermediate

Found a surrogate (Thanks E!) to go look over the car for me today. Got an email from the salesman I've been dealing with last night about 11 or so. Turns out he's been off site for training which is why he's been slow to respond.

Quick Reply: Anyone in ATL can take a car for PPI for me?