997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

this might interest some here...

Old 05-18-2016, 06:01 PM
kkswow12
Drifting

Received 102 Likes on 76 Posts
Default this might interest some here...

i recently happened on a thread in the 996 forum about the helper spring in the clutch pedal that was, up to now, serendipitous to me and my use of my X51, in as much as i felt like i was learning to drive a manual transmission car and couldn't quite get the hang of it... after 2.5 years of ownership i was still stalling the car and making lousy un-smooth, un-cool shifts and i still love driving the car but was basically feeling like i needed a new clutch...now, i KNOW its not me(insert smug smiley face) as i have been driving since i was ale to see over, nay, through the steering wheel, like, 6...and my previous 997 was perfect to ddrive, like, no problem man...Anyway...took out the porsche helper spring and replaced it with a much softer spring, just to keep things aligned and haven't stalled it ONCE, and on and on...i just thought maybe some are having the same problem and since this is the same setup as in the 996, some might want to try it, it is do-able if you are medium handy in the garage and SO worth it, i am really pleased, and the clutch is stiffer now but totally manageable , sorry for being so long winded about it, but i am STOKED about it, as if i got a new clutch and REALLY enjoy the car so much more now... here is the link to the thread..

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...matically.html

Last edited by kkswow12; 05-18-2016 at 06:02 PM. Reason: editing

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: this might interest some here...