Sponsored by:

Engine Hatch Emergency Release

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2015, 06:28 PM
PTC_911S
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Hatch Emergency Release

So.... It appears that the emergency release cable for the engine hatch is located behind the left rear tail light assembly. Its not clear to me how one would get to it if needed, as you need the engine hatch open to get to the screws to remove the tail light assembly. Perhaps my emergency release cable is not routed correctly?
2007 911S

Thanks
Old 10-18-2015, 07:05 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,410 Likes on 855 Posts

On my 2009, it is under the left/driver side tail light and is taped down to the chassis with a fat piece of black electrical / fabric tape. To access it, slide a hooked, thin wire between the bumper and the light fixture..... it will hook and pull. The surfaces are pretty smooth IIRC so the only thing you will hook is the tape and or cable.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 10-18-2015, 09:28 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

Bruce is correct. Just to make sure it was where I thought it will be, it's easy enough to pull off the driver side tail light and see where the cable is sitting in case I ever need to get to it and to make sure it is where it is supposed to be (I think I've seen a post with someone saying that their cable got moved during car work and not put back correctly). When removing the two light screws, I recommend placing a cloth over the gap between the bumper and the engine compartment so you don't drop them down there accidentally... I almost did.
Old 10-18-2015, 09:41 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,410 Likes on 855 Posts

Originally Posted by StormRune
I recommend placing a cloth over the gap between the bumper and the engine compartment so you don't drop them down there accidentally... I almost did.
Where was your advice a few months ago... I did drop one down there! I actually had a few extra screws. Back when I did my X-pipe, I could not get one of those screws off and mangled it. So I cut a slot with my Dremmel and used a flathead to get the screw off. Later, I ordered another screw and got a few more just in case.... well I had a just in case when I removed the bumper to do my plugs. Dropped a screw back there when I replaced my light.

I gotta drawer full of extra screws and door snaps.... just in case stupid strikes.

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Quick Reply: Engine Hatch Emergency Release