Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Painted Console install - Bumperplugs.com

Old 09-20-2015, 07:11 PM
cutlass476
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Painted Console install - Bumperplugs.com

I just installed a complete console, front, center, and rear portions. All painted Carrera White. My car is Carrera White with black standard leather. I will try to post some pics tomorrow. I must tell you that it looks fantastic. Eric is the man. First quality pieces, very nice stuff. The paint quality is outstanding as was the condition of the parts. The arrived very well packaged and in perfect condition.

As a side note, I discovered upon removing the console knee bolsters that Braman Porsche broke the upper tabs when they removed my console a couple of weeks ago when they replaced my cliamte control airbox. So, I got to try repairing them using plastic weld apoxy. But all is not lost, the repair worked perfectl and after removing the console, I also discovered that the original owner had installed a B&M short shifter.
So, that was a little bonus. All in all, not nearly as difficult a job as some have made it sound. You just have to take your time.

Now it's time for a Due South Caramel CreamAle.
Old 09-20-2015, 07:45 PM
CosmosC4S
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Waiting to see some pics.......!
Old 09-20-2015, 07:51 PM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cutlass476
I just installed a complete console, front, center, and rear portions. All painted Carrera White. My car is Carrera White with black standard leather. I will try to post some pics tomorrow. I must tell you that it looks fantastic. Eric is the man. First quality pieces, very nice stuff. The paint quality is outstanding as was the condition of the parts. The arrived very well packaged and in perfect condition.

As a side note, I discovered upon removing the console knee bolsters that Braman Porsche broke the upper tabs when they removed my console a couple of weeks ago when they replaced my cliamte control airbox. So, I got to try repairing them using plastic weld apoxy. But all is not lost, the repair worked perfectl and after removing the console, I also discovered that the original owner had installed a B&M short shifter.
So, that was a little bonus. All in all, not nearly as difficult a job as some have made it sound. You just have to take your time.

Now it's time for a Due South Caramel CreamAle.

Nice job. Eric is an absolute artist with these. Painted white, these pieces really brighten up the cabin. I had him do my actual console, but I'm sure the core exchange works well. Yes, it's not the difficulty level, but rather how long it takes to figure it all out, and to do it without breaking anything, the first time you do it. And if you have Eric do the lid assembly, that alone would save a lot of time and energy. Carrara White, though, like the Italian marble. ;-) Congrats. Nice car.
Old 09-20-2015, 08:28 PM
cutlass476
Rennlist Member

Here are some pics. I also painted the shift pattern Carrera White.
Thanks for the compliments and comments guys.

Old 09-20-2015, 08:57 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by cutlass476
Here are some pics. I also painted the shift pattern Carrera White.
Thanks for the compliments and comments guys
Looks amazing! I've ordered from bumper plugs in the past for my 996. Quality is second to none. On par with factory.
Old 09-20-2015, 09:09 PM
cutlass476
Rennlist Member

Yes, quality is awesome. I can't imagine spending $3600 for the factory painted console. Just crazy.
Old 09-20-2015, 11:01 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,225 Likes on 771 Posts

Looks great!
Old 09-21-2015, 02:20 AM
Thedips
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks great got my painted shifter trim looks amazing as well!
Old 09-21-2015, 03:05 AM
CosmosC4S
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice contrast to liven up an otherwise all-black interior!
Old 09-21-2015, 12:13 PM
workhurts
Three Wheelin'

Received 284 Likes on 169 Posts

I did mine over the summer. It's not really the most difficult DIY in the world but takes some practice to get the clear to lay down properly. I did the cup holder trim too. I think I had about 10 pieces to do and when I was done, 3 looked good and had to redo 7, then out of the 7, 2 looked good and had to redo 5, then 3 looked good and had to redo 2 and then one looked good and had to redo 1. So, probably did about 20-25 total tries

Got junked up parts off ebay and went to town.

My color combo is the same as yours and I need to do the seatbacks next. White/black/white does look pretty good.
Old 09-21-2015, 01:27 PM
cutlass476
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by workhurts
I did mine over the summer. It's not really the most difficult DIY in the world but takes some practice to get the clear to lay down properly. I did the cup holder trim too. I think I had about 10 pieces to do and when I was done, 3 looked good and had to redo 7, then out of the 7, 2 looked good and had to redo 5, then 3 looked good and had to redo 2 and then one looked good and had to redo 1. So, probably did about 20-25 total tries

Got junked up parts off ebay and went to town.

My color combo is the same as yours and I need to do the seatbacks next. White/black/white does look pretty good.
I'd love to see pics of your interior. No that I've started my wife is suggesting that I replace all of the "silver" interior pieces with Carrera White.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Painted Console install - Bumperplugs.com