Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

50% off 997 Sport Classic Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 01:37 AM
06C2s
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I think they are one of the best looking rims around and give the 997's a throw back look. I dig the black side guards as well.

For those of us who got them I think we did pretty well! The service manager about choked when I told him what I payed...

Btw love seeing what they look like with all the different colors!
Old 10-21-2015, 02:57 AM
Louis de Funes
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuhl997.2!
Both wheel packages are great looking but I think I agree with Pete could just be the primered bumper. Glad you love them. Choosing the right wheels can be tough as one set of wheels look dynamite on one car or a certain color car but not on another. Cheers and thanks for sharing. Paul

the bumper is actually a warp and it was also on the front bumper however the Dealer that did my 40k miles Service (this Dealer was just bought by Porsche of St. Louis the once that did my wheels) just ran it through the Car wash and basically damaged it so I removed it. Since I am planning on getting a different front bumper I am not going to redo it.
Old 10-21-2015, 02:26 PM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mjsporsche
They look nice. I assume the added weight of the wheels are not going to be noticed in normal driving.
I went from 18's to these, so it turns out the road feel is quite different: stiffer and heavier feeling steering response. Not in a bad way, but very noticeable. I don't know if it is weight or just a combination of so many differences including a much larger patch of rubber on the road. I don't have many miles on them at all, but that's my initial impressions.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:23 PM
bobbydigital1
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm really loving the look of these Sport classics with the 997s. I'm looking to buy a set from Suncoast. Anyone have recommends on tire size with the narrow body sports classic wheels? I want to make sure there is not too much lip overhang. I have a Black 2009 997.2 Carrera S. The tires are 19" Michellin pilot super sports. 235 in front and 295 in rear. Just want to be prepared if i'll need to get a wider tire like a 305 in rear or if its just perfect with existing tires. Hoping thats the case since tires are fairly new. Thanks!
Old 08-16-2018, 06:55 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Received 355 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by SuncoastParts
While supplies last!

Comes with a set of four wheels with center caps and valve stems. High gloss black paint on the central spokes, pays homage to the original Fuchs wheels. Outer flange with high gloss finish.

-Click Here for more details-
How about the Carrera Sport wheels? Can you do 50% off of these?

Old 08-16-2018, 07:16 PM
ocheadhunter
8th Gear

Like you, I had new Michelin Super Sports on my old wheels (235 in front and 295 in rear), so I just had them transferred onto my new Sport Classic wheels (from SunCoast!), and they fit, felt and looked fine. I recently changed the rears to 305 Super Sport 4S's and you have to look pretty closely to see the difference (sidenote the 4S's feel and perform differently..better). The sidewalls showed a very slight stretched look with the 295 vs squared up perfectly with the 305's. I believe the recommended size tire for this rear wheel is 305, but I got by just fine with 295's on the rear until I had to replace them.
Old 08-16-2018, 07:25 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

FYI ya’ll this thread is 3 years old
Old 08-16-2018, 09:16 PM
bobbydigital1
4th Gear

Originally Posted by ocheadhunter
Like you, I had new Michelin Super Sports on my old wheels (235 in front and 295 in rear), so I just had them transferred onto my new Sport Classic wheels (from SunCoast!), and they fit, felt and looked fine. I recently changed the rears to 305 Super Sport 4S's and you have to look pretty closely to see the difference (sidenote the 4S's feel and perform differently..better). The sidewalls showed a very slight stretched look with the 295 vs squared up perfectly with the 305's. I believe the recommended size tire for this rear wheel is 305, but I got by just fine with 295's on the rear until I had to replace them.

Good to know! Just wanted to make sure before I ordered what to expect. I've been bouncing around from getting fuchs, sports, replicas... I keep coming back to these sport classics. thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: 50% off 997 Sport Classic Wheels