Sponsored by:

Superb experience with BumperPlugs.com for a painted center console

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 02:46 AM
Gewgaw
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Superb experience with BumperPlugs.com for a painted center console

[NOTE: I am not affiliated with BumperPlugs.com or with Eric, other than the fact that I am an extremely satisfied customer of his and I want to write a review for them.]

About a month ago, I ordered a custom painted center console from BumperPlugs.com, and the results were fantastic. (This is a link to the product page: http://www.bumperplugs.com/index.php...product_id=173)
The console paintwork is as good or better than OEM quality. I could not be happier with the way it turned out, and everyone who sits in my car comments on how great it looks. If you're looking for pro-level paint work, Eric's your guy. Here's a photo of it installed:

But it was only when things hit a snag that I found out how great it was to deal with him to resolve problems -- which is what you ought to judge any business on. First, a little about the way BumperPlugs.com works for painted interior pieces -- you order the piece, Eric paints it, he ships it to you, a deposit gets charged on your card until you return the core piece that was originally in your car, you send him the core to exchange, and if it's undamaged and usable you get your deposit back. Well, as you can probably guess, there was a problem with the core I sent back, because there was some unseen damage that rendered it unusable.

Eric didn't have to work with me, but he did -- he said he would try to find a replacement piece for as low of a cost as possible, that way he could refund as much of my deposit as he could. Amazing, since most companies would simply take your entire deposit and say, "Tough luck!". But not Eric. He searched for two weeks to find a reasonably priced replacement part, and was able to refund a good portion of my deposit. Now that is what I call customer service.

Thanks for a great experience and a great product, Eric. And thanks also for turning what could have been a terrible situation into one that makes me want to deal with you again!
Old 08-27-2015, 11:16 AM
DB's997
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have always had good experiences with Bumper Plugs, great company.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:23 AM
witz323
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

That looks sharp. Is that Ruby Red Metallic?
Old 08-27-2015, 11:34 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,556 Likes on 974 Posts

I will second that. I had a great experience with a painted console also. Top notch quality.

Your console looks great!
Old 08-27-2015, 11:51 AM
Carmichael
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So why not have the rest of the trim painted?
Old 08-27-2015, 04:37 PM
Gewgaw
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by witz323
That looks sharp. Is that Ruby Red Metallic?
That's Carmon Red Metallic, a little more brown and less pink than Ruby Red Metallic.

Originally Posted by Dennis C
Your console looks great!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Carmichael
So why not have the rest of the trim painted?
Yeah I thought I might have wanted to bring the red up the console and around the radio... but I did some Photoshop mockups and it was WAY too much red. Interestingly, I did a mockup of satin black for the radio console surround and it looked pretty good... hmmm, should I go for it?

PS. I love your avatar... I had to look it up and now I'm a fan of "My Favorite Carrera". haha

Quick Reply: Superb experience with BumperPlugs.com for a painted center console