Sponsored by:

Pix of my 997.2 C2S with spacers and GTS inspired rear end

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 09:59 AM
destro
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ten Years

Love your car. Very, very nice. Love the SPASM stance. I was just driving behind my brother earlier today, who was driving my 997.2 C2S, and I was admiring the tight little rear end. I was in my 997.2 GTS, which has the nice and meaty rear; I realized how the narrow body rears are clean and "pert" in a way the wide body cars' rears aren't. And since the rear "valance" of both body styles are exactly the same width (I've measured), painting the C2S's center section black helps to widen the rear visually — but just the right amount. It's a nice balance. Genius. Good job! Again, really loving your car. The color and wheels are just so well matched. Awesome.
Thanks, Ten Years, its been something I wanted to do since I got the car 3 summers ago, I feel it really finishes off the look. Was going for a very OEM + Classic look with this car so really happy with the results. My friend has a 997.2 C4S and it doesn't look that much wider but his valance is not black... so perhaps its a nice optical illusion I just added in
Old 07-06-2015, 10:00 AM
destro
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by halo777
Beautiful car!
Originally Posted by CAA
Wow what a car - thanks for making me miss my GR 997. : )
Originally Posted by CosmosC4S
HOTT & SEXXY REDDD!!!!!!
Thanks guys!
Old 07-06-2015, 10:17 AM
beden1
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great color combination!
Old 07-06-2015, 11:26 AM
EMC2
Burning Brakes

Received 429 Likes on 173 Posts

Beautiful car and amazing pic's too.
The wheel offset with the spacers and ride height is perfect. I have TechArt springs and went with 8mm front and 10mm Rear spacers.
Old 07-06-2015, 03:49 PM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by destro
Thanks, Ten Years, its been something I wanted to do since I got the car 3 summers ago, I feel it really finishes off the look. Was going for a very OEM + Classic look with this car so really happy with the results. My friend has a 997.2 C4S and it doesn't look that much wider but his valance is not black... so perhaps its a nice optical illusion I just added in
Yeah, on paper, the wider cars are only a little more than .75" wider on each side. In person, however, they're much wider. I couldn't see it until I had both parked side-by-side in the garage. I think yours came out great, and again, it strikes a nice balance, visually, between the two body styles. ;-) You take good care of that red paint! Keep it up. Oh, and the GT Silver paint on those wheels goes perfectly with the GR.
Old 07-06-2015, 04:03 PM
ATSR
Burning Brakes

Received 202 Likes on 94 Posts

Wow. Gorgeous. Congrats OP

Regarding the rear bumper "piece" you painted black, can it be separated from the bumper to have it painted separately?
Old 07-06-2015, 05:41 PM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ATSR

Regarding the rear bumper "piece" you painted black, can it be separated from the bumper to have it painted separately?
No, it would be much easier it it was detachable. The black "valance," even on the GTSes, is just a painted section of the whole bumper cover. There is a molded-in groove/border there, though, which lends itself as a natural line of delineation.
Old 07-06-2015, 06:44 PM
destro
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ATSR

Its 1 piece, actually they paint it at the factor and I saw a few GTS' with a pretty bad masking job, the edges weren't razor sharp.

I tried doing a wrap last year and it didn't work (I like the idea of reversing the mod), so this year I played around with plastidip and it turned out great (on the second attempt). You need to pull off all the masking tape while the dip is still wet to get razor sharp edges which I was able to do on my 2nd try. The product is pretty magical, I was able to peel off my first attempt flawlessly.

This mod is an easy DYI, will cost you about $20 in products (painter's tap, some plastic bags to mask the rest of the bumper, and a can of plastidip).

So far its held up great to rain and a few washes.
Old 07-06-2015, 06:52 PM
GotE92M
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great! Love the stance
Old 07-06-2015, 09:13 PM
ATSR
Burning Brakes

Received 202 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by destro
Its 1 piece, actually they paint it at the factor and I saw a few GTS' with a pretty bad masking job, the edges weren't razor sharp.

I tried doing a wrap last year and it didn't work (I like the idea of reversing the mod), so this year I played around with plastidip and it turned out great (on the second attempt). You need to pull off all the masking tape while the dip is still wet to get razor sharp edges which I was able to do on my 2nd try. The product is pretty magical, I was able to peel off my first attempt flawlessly.a

This mod is an easy DYI, will cost you about $20 in products (painter's tap, some plastic bags to mask the rest of the bumper, and a can of plastidip).

So far its held up great to rain and a few washes.
Thanks for the reply
It's unbelievable that you did it with plastidip. I need to try out this stuff this weekend.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:55 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 529 Likes on 315 Posts
Default Pix of my 997.2 C2S with spacers and GTS inspired rear end

Beautiful color, stance + rear end! The black diffuser portion makes a huge difference
Old 07-06-2015, 11:21 PM
gsruff
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Absolutely gorgeous. I can't stop looking at these photos. Love the rear bumper.

You've inspired me to give mine a good detailing this week, daily thunderstorms in the Southeast be damned.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:09 PM
mustachematt
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your car looks great! The plastidip sounds like a great idea. I did a matte black wrap on the same area and it turned out great but paid a clearbra guy $250 to do it right. Same look but I would have rather saved some money doing it myself with a can of plastidip.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:55 PM
destro
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mustachematt
Your car looks great! The plastidip sounds like a great idea. I did a matte black wrap on the same area and it turned out great but paid a clearbra guy $250 to do it right. Same look but I would have rather saved some money doing it myself with a can of plastidip.
Yours looks great. I was planning to do a wrap, but the guy I know who did my clear bumper wrap just said to plasti dip it. Frankly you can't tell the difference compared to a real GTS, and I've seen a few real GTS' with uneven edges or slight paint bleeding since they are painted at the factory.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:14 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 529 Likes on 315 Posts

looks great either way. agreed with destro some of the oem paint jobs around the valence are horrid. very rushed and sloppy… when i had my bumper painted the first thing i did was check the workmanship re the paint on the diffuser line…

Originally Posted by mustachematt
Your car looks great! The plastidip sounds like a great idea. I did a matte black wrap on the same area and it turned out great but paid a clearbra guy $250 to do it right. Same look but I would have rather saved some money doing it myself with a can of plastidip

Quick Reply: Pix of my 997.2 C2S with spacers and GTS inspired rear end