Originally Posted by semicycler
And one coming to Chicago: http://automotorplexchicago.com/

I think that is Iron Gate Motor Condos:
http://www.irongatemotorcondos.com
Old 03-13-2015, 10:47 AM
Q 997.2 C4S
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

Well, after doing more research and asking lots of questions, we decided we're going to buy a garage condo! They're including free HVAC and painted drywall to the first 10 people to sign up and we're #9. We're going to get one that is about 800 square feet, which will be a good size to store up to 4 cars, plus all the off season wheel/tire sets, and a lift. They're shooting to break ground in the next 2 months and have units ready around October.

Here's a link to the webpage of The Place:

http://www.theplaceinchesterfield.com
Old 03-14-2015, 05:33 AM
stumil
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Anybody doing the garage condo concept in Union, Essex, or Morris counties in NJ? If not, how are you storing "extra" cars that don't fit in your home garage? Ideas appreciated!
Old 03-14-2015, 11:38 AM
997_rich
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Not sure what your neighbors are like but you may have some trustworthy neighbors with only one car or no cars at all. I had a friend that rented an elderly neighbor's garage. The neighbor was elderly and couldn't drive and she was happy to have some extra cash. She never went in the garage and she just kept it locked and gave my friend an opener. He just walked over whenever he wanted to drive the car.
Old 03-14-2015, 01:07 PM
Q 997.2 C4S
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 997_rich
Not sure what your neighbors are like but you may have some trustworthy neighbors with only one car or no cars at all. I had a friend that rented an elderly neighbor's garage. The neighbor was elderly and couldn't drive and she was happy to have some extra cash. She never went in the garage and she just kept it locked and gave my friend an opener. He just walked over whenever he wanted to drive the car.
Actually, this is what we're doing right now for storing one extra car, and one car is on parked the street. Our very trustworthy neighbor friend, who we've known for about 14 years now, is retired and only has one car, so we've been renting out a spot in his 2 car garage for $25/month. It's convenient because it's next door, but I feel guilty taking up half his garage. Plus, my husband is getting tired of hauling our wheels up and down the steps from the garage to the basement (where we currently store the offseason sets) for our twice annual swaps on 2 of our cars. Additionally, in the garage condo, we could install a lift, which would make the wheel changes much easier, AND my husband could easily do oil changes as well.
Old 03-14-2015, 09:20 PM
Spinout
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

I store one of my cars (sometimes Porsche, sometimes others depending on what I'm not driving that week) in a local storage facility about 2 miles away it costs me $75/mo. for a 20x10 unit. It's close, secure and less than 3 mins away.
Old 03-15-2015, 01:10 AM
Louis de Funes
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by Q 997.2 C4S
Well, after doing more research and asking lots of questions, we decided we're going to buy a garage condo! They're including free HVAC and painted drywall to the first 10 people to sign up and we're #9. We're going to get one that is about 800 square feet, which will be a good size to store up to 4 cars, plus all the off season wheel/tire sets, and a lift. They're shooting to break ground in the next 2 months and have units ready around October.

Here's a link to the webpage of The Place:

http://www.theplaceinchesterfield.com
interesting

thanks for posting this

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Garage Condos - Good or Bad?