Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bose Subwoofer or aftermarket Sub option?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 09:39 PM
Serenity Now
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bose Subwoofer or aftermarket Sub option?

I installed an aftermarket head unit (Alpine INE-W940) so I could have a decent nav/bluetooth/usb/dvd/siriusxm option. Overall I'm happy with the unit minus the fact that I want a little more bass. I am trying to go about this in a budget friendly way and was considering picking up a bose rear hatch subwoofer set since they seem to be in the $200 range. If I do this will it be a simple 4 wire hookup, or is there anything I should know about the bose subwoofer set-up that would persuade me to consider another option? Does the bose subwoofer set include an amp or would i need to buy an amp to power them?

I'd consider myself an average to above average do-it-yourselfer when it comes to stereo hookups. i did install the Alpine head unit myself.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:53 AM
TheLex
Instructor

What about these kind of subs by car audio innovations? Still a bit ghetto as opposed to a totally stealth install but being that you really can't see the back footwells of the 911's, this might be an option:

http://cai-store.com/collections/fib...part-sec997cab
Old 02-12-2015, 09:23 AM
Serenity Now
Instructor

I saw those and thought the design was doable, but at $1300/pair without the amp I think I'll have to pass. I have other mods I'd put that money towards. I was hoping to get a little more bass for under $300 range.

Quick Reply: Bose Subwoofer or aftermarket Sub option?