Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997 Turbo Mesh Grill without bumper removal?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 06:42 PM
Mr.White
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 997 Turbo Mesh Grill without bumper removal?

Hi

I removed my front bumper at the weekend to clean my radiators (see attached pictures) and reattached the front bumper after my cleaning. I´m interested in adding a mesh grill and nearly installed it while the bumper was off, but I want a DIY solution without screws (maybe clips or zip ties) and a DIY solution that can be added without removing the front bumper. Does anyone have experience with that? Does it work with the 997 turbo bumper? I searched the WWW but only found a solution for a non-turbo 997 bumper. And of course I know Zunsport has a mesh grill that can be added with clips, but I want a DIY Thanks in advance

Kind regards
Attached Images   
Old 01-04-2015, 07:56 PM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 90 Posts

Look over in the 996GT3 forum. There is a DIY solution there that is applicable to any. I had bought the material for that, but found a set of Cargraphic grills that I used instead. I have the Zunsport on my GTS.

(Oops, not so. Any DIY of which I know require bumper removal.)
Old 01-04-2015, 11:19 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

The problem you are going to have with the Turbo bumper cover are the horizontal slats in the center section.

I have a 2010 C2S and installed DIY radiator screens in each of the side air inlets, which are directly in front of the radiators. However, my center section is open so it allowed me to reach inside and place the screens. You don't be able to do that with the Turbo bumper cover.

Quick Reply: 997 Turbo Mesh Grill without bumper removal?