Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is a fair price?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 04:09 PM
TIMBERHOLLOW9310
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thinking for selling my C2 2006 (see below) and wondering what is a fair price... 2006 Porsche C2 911 !3,000 miles Mature Owner, Garaged, Near New Condition 6MT Guards Red Ext/Sand Beige Int Full Leather Supple Leather Front and Rear Steering Wheel Smooth Leather Makassar Wood Trim Package Sand Beige Floor Mats Bi-Xenon Package Self-Dimming Mirrors Wheel Cap Colored Crest Bose High End Sound Package Upgrades • Clear Bra: Front, Hood ½, Mirrors, Windshield • Extra Clear Shield for Windshield • L&N oil filter conversion • Dension Gateway 500S Blue Tooth/Handsfree (professionally installed) • 5 Year/50K Platinum Warranty thru Boardwalk Porsche • Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires <7,000 miles • WeatherTech Front Floor Liners • Tow-Hook (U.S. Mills) Removable Front License Plate Holder
Attached Images  

Last edited by TIMBERHOLLOW9310; 12-05-2014 at 05:55 PM.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:10 AM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

IIRC this is the 2nd red 997 to come up for sale in the last week or so. What's up with you guys selling these gorgeous cars?

Didn't you get a flu shot this year?

For a price visit the various used car sites and plug in the numbers and get the car's trade in/wholesale value (but keep this number to yourself), and the private and retail sale prices.

You can use the site that assigns the highest prices. Not your job to reconcile the different prices of all the different sites.

Use your judgement on how you want to price the car but use the car's apparently excellent condition, low miles, (transferrable?) warranty and its rather unique color and interior (Makassar Wood Trim Package! I love wood trim in car) to justify a higher asking price.

Stress with low miles, up to date servicing, good tires, the car will need nothing for a long time and many miles to come. A used car buyer likes a car that he won't have to spend any money on after buying to bring it up to spec/condition. He might tap into that 10% funds set aside for an emergency and apply it to buying your car.

Be sure to mention the warranty to the buyer -- maybe have a copy of the fine print the buyer can take home and read to help him make up his mind -- and further point out to the buyer that buying your car is like buying a new car only less expensive.

Or wait until your fever breaks and you regain your senses.
Old 12-06-2014, 10:54 AM
street rod
Drifting

Received 222 Likes on 167 Posts

Clearbook shows avg selling price for a cars similar to yours is $37925. With the warranty and options maybe go up to 41-43K. Perhaps start at 45K asking price? Many are asking higher starting prices for low mileage 997.1 cars but I believe that is a realistic selling price. Was curious how much time is left on the platinum warranty?

http://clearbook.truecar.com/used-po...11ua/o/t_curve
Old 12-06-2014, 05:57 PM
TIMBERHOLLOW9310
Advanced

Originally Posted by Macster
IIRC this is the 2nd red 997 to come up for sale in the last week or so. What's up with you guys selling these gorgeous cars? Didn't you get a flu shot this year? For a price visit the various used car sites and plug in the numbers and get the car's trade in/wholesale value (but keep this number to yourself), and the private and retail sale prices. You can use the site that assigns the highest prices. Not your job to reconcile the different prices of all the different sites. Use your judgement on how you want to price the car but use the car's apparently excellent condition, low miles, (transferrable?) warranty and its rather unique color and interior (Makassar Wood Trim Package! I love wood trim in car) to justify a higher asking price. Stress with low miles, up to date servicing, good tires, the car will need nothing for a long time and many miles to come. A used car buyer likes a car that he won't have to spend any money on after buying to bring it up to spec/condition. He might tap into that 10% funds set aside for an emergency and apply it to buying your car. Be sure to mention the warranty to the buyer -- maybe have a copy of the fine print the buyer can take home and read to help him make up his mind -- and further point out to the buyer that buying your car is like buying a new car only less expensive. Or wait until your fever breaks and you regain your senses.
Have not made up my mind as yet. Just finished a 200 mile run through the Hill Country to my kids in Austin and all the love came rushing back! Soon to turn 70, the wife will not drive it and it works me over around town. So needing to get down to two cars and thinking about transitioning to a Cl550 coupe. Just thinking but appreciate the comments. 😃
Old 12-06-2014, 05:58 PM
TIMBERHOLLOW9310
Advanced

Originally Posted by street rod
Clearbook shows avg selling price for a cars similar to yours is $37925. With the warranty and options maybe go up to 41-43K. Perhaps start at 45K asking price? Many are asking higher starting prices for low mileage 997.1 cars but I believe that is a realistic selling price. Was curious how much time is left on the platinum warranty? http://clearbook.truecar.com/used-po...11ua/o/t_curve
There are three years and almost 50K in miles. Have never used the thing.

Quick Reply: What is a fair price?