Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suncoast parts arrived, trim and accessories - feels like Christmas!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 09:12 PM
shoot2score67
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Suncoast parts arrived, trim and accessories - feels like Christmas!

I'm a new 997 owner. Bought an '06 4S slate grey/natural brown.

It's been a blast being back into the forums, playing around with the car, and, of course, thinking of what to do next with it in terms of beautifying and modding (nothing extreme for me, likely just replace the horrendous, but classic Porsche, stock nav/radio).

One of the first things I did was order up some kit from Suncoast Motorsports. I feel like a little kid. Stuff arrived, pricing not too bad.

Going to get to work on replacing the ignition trim bezel. I suspect former owner had a busy keychain, and it wore trim - I believe this is fairly common. Me? Are you crazy?! I only ever-every insert the 911 key solo, no mail key, house key, and certainly no mini Bud can dangling on my chain.

Also, as you can see in photo below, my headlight trim also has wear.

My guess is previous owner had ring. Must have been Super Bowl championship ring. Look at the scuffing!

Anyways going to replace those 2 trim bits today. With my wife's assistance - I need someone to blame if things go wrong.

Also bought cabin air filter from Amazon. We've watched the videos, read the DIY guides (awesome). So we'll give that a shot too. Nothing too earth shattering, but here a tweak there a tweak.

I'm kind of surprised the dealer (Sonnen, who were great) didn't replace the trim bits before putting up for sale - cheap, and makes interior look so much better.

ONE LAST THING: I accidentally bought wrong Luggage Compartment liner - doesn't fit my 4S because of DVD/nav unit. Suncoast charges 25% re-stock, plus return shipping. I'd rather a local RL user have it for 25% off, or $125. If you're in SF Bay Area and interested let me know! http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...997S_Floormats

CLINT'S SUNCOAST ORDER LIST:
Front Trunk Liner $165 (I ordered wrong one, I'll sell it to you locally for $125)
Sun Shade $52 (California sun is nasty!)
Headlight Switch Trim $20 (low cost improvement for sure!)
Ignition Switch Trim $17 (ditto - I had my wife install today, and will post photos)
Replacement Ashtray Assembly $189 (mine had scuff marks)
Triguard Indoor Car Cover $99
Porsche Dual-Mode Battery Charger $109 (already using it, seems to work well)
Battery Maintainer Clamps $15
Stoneguard Film x2 $44 ea. (these are for read quarter panel in front of wheel well, mine look dirty, want to replace, not sure worth it though)
Attached Images    
Old 10-19-2014, 10:43 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,151 Likes on 731 Posts

I'm local (Terra Linda) and have been debating the frunk liner. At $125 I'd be happy to take it. If it's still available let me know where and when I should pick it up.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:30 PM
shoot2score67
Advanced

Hi Wayne, yes still available. Just sent pm.
Great looking 997 you have there!
Best,
Clint
Old 10-19-2014, 11:34 PM
shoot2score67
Advanced

Quick update. Some of the DIY projects in action.

Not the most advanced ones in the world to be sure. But fun way to spend a Sunday. Told my wife to watch YouTube DIY videos, and some posts here on RL, then she was off to the races.

PS- this could be a great way to subtly get your significant other to buy into your obsession.

Top: replacing headlight switch bezel. Bottom: cabin air filter. Results: 10/10. Difficulty: 1/10 (loosening the Torx T-10 bolts trickiest part).
Old 10-20-2014, 04:22 AM
Comanche_699
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats on the new car! Slate grey is one of my favorite colors - nearly bought a 996 C4S when my seal grey 997 C2S presented itself. It was a private sale but met at Sonnen before they moved to the temp space in SNR. Looks like they've moved back in to the refreshed spot now.

Check the west region sub forum, as well as the 997 GT2/GT3 forum from time to time if you want to go on some drives. There's a small but pretty active group of 997 folk around, and I'm sure you'd have fun on some of the routes. Mostly early morning loops out to the west counties before the tourists & priuses wake up - but there's been talk of a trip out to the Sierras recently, and the Sacramento Valley Region PCA group has a Mendocino run planned for the end of the month.

Anyway - your photos are great, loved seeing the box of goodies from Suncoast, made me want to splurge a little.

Would love to see more pics of the car.

Good times,
Dan
Old 10-20-2014, 02:03 PM
shoot2score67
Advanced

Dan, great info, thanks for that! The community, forums, get togethers was one of the appeals of buying the 997. I admit I'm very much addicted to RL (and Ferrarichat too - just a lurker) and reading about everyone's experiences.

I will check those sub forums. I've never done a group drive, but would love to!

Yes, I think Sonnen is back to renovated space. Hope you're enjoying your C2S.

Clint

Originally Posted by Comanche_699
Congrats on the new car! Slate grey is one of my favorite colors - nearly bought a 996 C4S when my seal grey 997 C2S presented itself. It was a private sale but met at Sonnen before they moved to the temp space in SNR. Looks like they've moved back in to the refreshed spot now.

Check the west region sub forum, as well as the 997 GT2/GT3 forum from time to time if you want to go on some drives. There's a small but pretty active group of 997 folk around, and I'm sure you'd have fun on some of the routes. Mostly early morning loops out to the west counties before the tourists & priuses wake up - but there's been talk of a trip out to the Sierras recently, and the Sacramento Valley Region PCA group has a Mendocino run planned for the end of the month.

Anyway - your photos are great, loved seeing the box of goodies from Suncoast, made me want to splurge a little.

Would love to see more pics of the car.

Good times,
Dan

Last edited by shoot2score67; 10-20-2014 at 11:52 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:07 PM
shoot2score67
Advanced

Here's a few pics of my 997 C4S. Also, more here where I posted my first batch of excited-as-a-little-kid photos:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...w-997-c4s.html

Last edited by shoot2score67; 10-20-2014 at 11:53 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:12 PM
SuncoastParts
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 154 Likes on 83 Posts

Clint,

We're happy to see you happy and thank you for the support. If you need anything in the future please let us know. Enjoy your beautiful 997 and new goodies
Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow our Project 718 Build Thread!

Stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter
Facebook

Old 10-20-2014, 03:30 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,151 Likes on 731 Posts

Beautiful car. Congrats.

The 4S does put the power down nicely, snow or no snow. And the wide body look is tough to match.

On our first road trip heading from the North Bay to Lake Arrowhead we stopped for gas at the base of the Grapevine. My wife exited the store with a neck pillow, decided it was the wrong color for the car, went back in, and exchanged it for a different one. I knew then that she was hooked! The pillow stays on the ready in the back seat.

Mine is new to me too, but in a few weeks I've accumulated 2500 miles of pure enjoyment! I know you will love yours as well.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:06 PM
energetik9
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats. I simply ordered the clear side markers and got all excited about those too I'm a new owner myself. I hadn't seen the truck liner before. I like it. Might have to order that for myself. Congrats on the purchase, I have the same interior as you!
Old 10-20-2014, 06:09 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 529 Likes on 315 Posts

lets get those 'after install' pics! looking great.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:37 PM
shoot2score67
Advanced

Those interested, I've posted before/after of replacing 2 trim pieces: ignition surround, and headlight switch surround:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...-on-997-a.html
Old 10-20-2014, 11:43 PM
shoot2score67
Advanced

Originally Posted by Wayne Smith
Beautiful car. Congrats.

The 4S does put the power down nicely, snow or no snow. And the wide body look is tough to match.

On our first road trip heading from the North Bay to Lake Arrowhead we stopped for gas at the base of the Grapevine. My wife exited the store with a neck pillow, decided it was the wrong color for the car, went back in, and exchanged it for a different one. I knew then that she was hooked! The pillow stays on the ready in the back seat.

Mine is new to me too, but in a few weeks I've accumulated 2500 miles of pure enjoyment! I know you will love yours as well.
And I thought I was the only one with a wife who uses a head pillow. Loni can sleep anytime, in any car, at any speed! Though color matching... well, that's taking it to a whole new level!

Nice you've put so many miles already. I really need to get hustling. Probably do a Napa run in a few weeks.

I'm enjoying 6MT, but next one will be PDK. In rush hour on 101, it can be a bear alright. Plus then my wife can drive. No, wait, that would be a nerve-wracking situation...maybe three pedals are best for now.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:46 PM
shoot2score67
Advanced

Originally Posted by energetik9
Congrats. I simply ordered the clear side markers and got all excited about those too I'm a new owner myself. I hadn't seen the truck liner before. I like it. Might have to order that for myself. Congrats on the purchase, I have the same interior as you!
Thanks. We were smitten by the natural brown leather. I read someone, somewhere describe it as a "baseball glove." It's quite nice. And a change-up from my usual combos on my cars: black on black.

Clear side markers. On my to-do list. Seems like it's a right of passage.

First I've got some technical issues to take care of (had sudden power loss occur as others have documented). And the center bumper trim came loose. And I need to get major detail. And leatherique. And...
Old 10-20-2014, 11:53 PM
shoot2score67
Advanced

Originally Posted by SuncoastParts
Clint,

We're happy to see you happy and thank you for the support. If you need anything in the future please let us know. Enjoy your beautiful 997 and new goodies
Thanks guys.

Quick Reply: Suncoast parts arrived, trim and accessories - feels like Christmas!