997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dog Is My Co-pilot & Intro

Old 08-20-2014, 12:56 AM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 323 Likes on 179 Posts

This is how our dog navigates. We got her at 10 weeks old and she pretty much goes everywhere with my wife and kids.

Old 08-20-2014, 04:24 AM
purrybonker
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Geezus, another growing trend about humanity that I just don't get. The list gets longer and longer the older I get.

I have had dogs ad nauseam over the years - but they all worked for their keep and for my pleasure, not vice-versa.

Britannies to point pheasant, Australian shepherds to herd anything., etc.

None of my dogs would ever visit the interior of my house let alone ride in my Porsche.

They all lived happy and productive lives.

What is wrong with you people?

There are more dogs than children in urban North America and they are probably better treated.

The perfect parasite - the pet dog. We willingly feed it, love it, clean it's *** and treat any failing bodily function that it might encounter, we clean up it's **** and let it kiss us on the lips...

words fail me.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:57 AM
purrybonker
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin'
This is how our dog navigates. We got her at 10 weeks old and she pretty much goes everywhere with my wife and kids.

See - here we have the image of an attractive woman in a dominant, confident posture (the up-angle is good and contributory) coalesced into the idea of an exciting sports car - an enticing visual and mind play. If I had the motivation to clean this up with photoshop it could be a decent thing.

But the centricity and off-focus distraction of the dog in the image completely kills the vibe.

I could not bring myself to do the work - just try to imagine the picture without the animal.

The magic gets ruined in my mind by the visual of the dog and the idea of it's stink and that it would be licking the voluptous lips of the attractive woman (making me contrarily disinclined to want to do so) and soiling the seats of the exciting sports car with it's essential animal stench and oils and hair and...

I could go on. But good taste forces me to drop the subject.

Dogs, like Porsches are best put to work - not treated as garage queens.

Last edited by purrybonker; 08-20-2014 at 05:22 AM.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:13 AM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Dear Purrybonker...given the length of your post, words have clearly not failed you. And, there indeed some truth in what you say. However, from my perspective, Cassie contributes immeasurably to my & my wife's lives - perhaps not in hunting dinner, watching the flock, etc. - but in the joy & happiness she brings as a companion, her unqualified loyalty, and many other things. After a long day @ work, I enjoy nothing more than the greeting I get at the door - no questions, no requests - just a wagging tail and kisses (and yes, I am pretty sure I know where that tongue has been all day, but I don't care). Silly? Perhaps. Do I expect everyone to agree? Of course, not. To each his/her own. Now, you will excuse me, as I type this, Cassie is sleeping at my feet (on her back!), so I must pet her. Regards...T
Old 08-20-2014, 05:15 AM
tomc_mets
Rennlist Member

Hellabuggin...That is one cute pooch!...T
Old 08-20-2014, 05:16 AM
tomc_mets
Rennlist Member

P.s. What kind of dog is that?...T
Old 08-20-2014, 12:14 PM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 142 Likes on 111 Posts

Tomc_mets - Good for you for securing your dog in the car with a harness. Both for the safety of the dog and you.
An unsecured dog, to me, makes as much sense as that gold metal 5 lb tissue box on the back shelf of a car. Be prepare for the unexpected.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:20 PM
kcheves
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tomc_mets
Dear Purrybonker...given the length of your post, words have clearly not failed you.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:22 PM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 323 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by tomc_mets
P.s. What kind of dog is that?...T
She's an English Staffordshire Bull Terrier. Often mistaken for her larger American cousins the American Staffordshire and American Pit Bull Terrier. Main difference is that she'll only get to 30 lbs.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:46 PM
beden1
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd like to take our dog for a ride in the Porsche, but her shedding hair is already everywhere except for my car, so far, fortunately. I can just imagine trying to rid her hair from the alcantara seats and grabby carpeting pile. (covering the seats would not work, trust me, as her hair still finds a way to get everywhere)

I take her for daily late afternoon walks at a local park in our Tahoe. That's just another great feature of SUVs, as they make for great pet haulers too.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:54 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 311 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by purrybonker
words fail me.
bingo!
Old 08-20-2014, 01:09 PM
Nova997
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Clearly, both Hella-Buggin's pooch and Hella-Buggin's wife seem to be quite content in that photo. While I don't want to get into the politics of what constitutes being at a "loss for words", this is an example of those south of the northern border considering their pets to be members of their families. It's Hella-Buggin's Porsche and clearly he (and his wife) are doing exactly what they want to do with it (or in it for that matter). Keep on treating that pooch as you are Hella-Buggin'. If it bothers you, I guess you are free to just move on (but that's just me).

Last edited by Nova997; 08-20-2014 at 01:30 PM.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:30 PM
993Mpls
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Unrelated to dogs or Porsches (should I even mention this?) - If you like "The Art of Racing in the Rain", you might also enjoy "The Art of Fielding" by Chad Harbach. Nominally about baseball, a quality read.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:41 PM
tomc_mets
Rennlist Member

993Mpls…I love baseball, hence "mets" in my name. So, I will add that to my "to be read" list!…T
Old 08-20-2014, 04:44 PM
tomc_mets
Rennlist Member

"beden1...I'd like to take our dog for a ride in the Porsche, but her shedding hair is already everywhere except for my car, so far, fortunately. I can just imagine trying to rid her hair from the alcantara seats and grabby carpeting pile. (covering the seats would not work, trust me, as her hair still finds a way to get everywhere)

I take her for daily late afternoon walks at a local park in our Tahoe. That's just another great feature of SUVs, as they make for great pet haulers too."

Yeah, Cassie's a Texas dog, and I suspect she prefers the wife's pickup truck to the P-car. Fortunately, Wheaten Terriers shed very little, and so we were overjoyed to find a pure breed one at our local shelter when we were looking for one to adopt. Kismet!…T

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dog Is My Co-pilot & Intro