Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track Day Openings: Talladega Gran Prix Course (Alabama)

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 02:08 PM
MarcoRemius
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Track Day Openings: Talladega Gran Prix Course (Alabama)

Hi everyone,

I wanted to pass this along to anyone in the Southeast who was interested in doing a track day. One of my best friends runs a driving school that does track days a few times a year. He and his instructors are TOP NOTCH. I've known Scott (the owner) for nearly 20 years and recently met some of his instructors at VIR a few weeks ago. A very experienced and knowledgeable crew.

He's been running these events for 10 years now and as you can see by the note below, the prices are very, very cheap for the amount of track time you get.

If anyone is interested, e-mail Scott Siegel from Siegel Racing at siegelracing@gmail.com. Let him know you Scott L. (997 Owner) sent ya. It would be great to see some other Porsche guys out there with me. I'm tired of running against GT-R's

Video linked below from a session with Scott instructing. Can't say enough about him and his school.

http://www.tgprace.com/

Trackers!

Sunday August 31st (the day before Labor Day) has been the most popular request, and as of today the track is available. That said, we need a few more commitments to lock it in.

If everyone is interested I'd like to do a Data Acquisition lesson at the end of the day. I have a few good sets of Pro, Highly Experienced "Instructor", Intermediate, and Novice data at the same track that would be good to present on. (You'll also be the final "test" of how I'm planning on writing it in my book)

So, if you'd like to go to Talladega Gran Prix on 8/31 Please let me know.

We will have both:

SRDEC (Siegel Racing Driver Education Clinics) Students or SROT (SR Open Track) Participants:

SRDEC Students will receive:

1) At least 10 on-track sessions for a total of at least 3 hours of available track time with in-car instruction.
2) Up to 6 ride-alongs with instructors
3) Up to 11 classroom sessions breaking down all aspects of driving a car on a racetrack
4) Professional photos and available Go-Pro video
5) The SRDEC Racetrack Basics Handbook (classroom materials)
6) The same $400 as 10 years ago

SROT Participants will receive:

1) At least 10 on-track sessions for a total of at least 3 hours of available track time with in-car instruction.
2) Up to 2 ride-alongs with instructors
3) Professional photos and available Go-Pro video
4) The same $200 as 10 years ago

Quick Reply: Track Day Openings: Talladega Gran Prix Course (Alabama)