Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I guess i'll introduce myself. New 997 owner.

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 09:00 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,166 Likes on 3,930 Posts
Default Welcome from 1 Modder to Another !

Welcome to Rennlist

Most people have very nice things to say - others, that it's not their cup of tea, but individuality is what makes the world go-around and makes for a much more interesting paddock area. It's your car, make it look the way you want it to and enjoy it!

I'm a modder like you and make my cars the way I want them to be, and my GT Silver C2S has been a couple year project that I now have just the way I wanted it when I bought it from the PO. The list of mods is ridiculous:
  • RUF R-Kompressor Supercharger (475-500 HP)
  • RUF Front & Rear Bumpers (rear has through-bumper custom RUF tips)
  • I made the normally fixed RUF rear spoiler active-aero like that on the 997 TT
  • LED lighting inside & out
  • real Porsche PCCB brakes to keep the dust off of the Champion RS171 wheels
  • Fabspeed CF Intake
  • Complete Fabspeed Exhaust (Headers, X-cats, Valvetronic Mufflers)
  • Adaptive Plus Sports Seats
  • Tons of Interior Carbon Fiber
  • Bilstein B16 Damptronics Coilover suspenion
  • Full Stage 3 RSS Suspension setup (LCAs, Dog bones, toe-steer, etc)
  • RSS Semi-Solid motor mounts (by the way this will help tame the sensation of the engine weight moving around)
  • Cargraphic AirLift to lift the front and not scrape the bumper on speed bumps & driveways
  • Dension Bluetooth Integration Kit
  • Calibre Built-in Front & Rear Radar / Laser Detector
  • etc

I also have a modded 914, a Supercharged 928 Sypder, and the Pink Pearl 997 C2S we did for my wife with Vorsteiner Front & Rear Bumpers and the rear deck lid from a TT with active aero, Evoms Intake, Macassar Wood Interior accents, etc so if you have any questions I can help with, I've probably taken it apart and put it back together a time or two
Attached Images      
Old 07-21-2014, 10:23 PM
JuanK20
Burning Brakes

Received 278 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Perk10
You wont regret the move. I came from an E46 M3 vert as well! Never looked back
Originally Posted by baddogz28
Congrats on the car man. You'll encounter some dicks occasionally on this forum, but usually the input is constructive.

Nice to see another young, ex-Bimmer owner with a 997... I traded in my Imola Red M-Roadster on mine.
Thanks a lot guys. I've notice a lot of M guys usually move on to Porsches. Good to know I made the right move.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:25 PM
JuanK20
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Petza914
Welcome to Rennlist

Most people have very nice things to say - others, that it's not their cup of tea, but individuality is what makes the world go-around and makes for a much more interesting paddock area. It's your car, make it look the way you want it to and enjoy it!

I'm a modder like you and make my cars the way I want them to be, and my GT Silver C2S has been a couple year project that I now have just the way I wanted it when I bought it from the PO. The list of mods is ridiculous:
  • RUF R-Kompressor Supercharger (475-500 HP)
  • RUF Front & Rear Bumpers (rear has through-bumper custom RUF tips)
  • I made the normally fixed RUF rear spoiler active-aero like that on the 997 TT
  • LED lighting inside & out
  • real Porsche PCCB brakes to keep the dust off of the Champion RS171 wheels
  • Fabspeed CF Intake
  • Complete Fabspeed Exhaust (Headers, X-cats, Valvetronic Mufflers)
  • Adaptive Plus Sports Seats
  • Tons of Interior Carbon Fiber
  • Bilstein B16 Damptronics Coilover suspenion
  • Full Stage 3 RSS Suspension setup (LCAs, Dog bones, toe-steer, etc)
  • RSS Semi-Solid motor mounts (by the way this will help tame the sensation of the engine weight moving around)
  • Cargraphic AirLift to lift the front and not scrape the bumper on speed bumps & driveways
  • Dension Bluetooth Integration Kit
  • Calibre Built-in Front & Rear Radar / Laser Detector
  • etc

I also have a modded 914, a Supercharged 928 Sypder, and the Pink Pearl 997 C2S we did for my wife with Vorsteiner Front & Rear Bumpers and the rear deck lid from a TT with active aero, Evoms Intake, Macassar Wood Interior accents, etc so if you have any questions I can help with, I've probably taken it apart and put it back together a time or two
Wow!! What an awesome collection. Very nice. I like your style man. We'll get along just fine haha. Thanks brother
Old 07-22-2014, 06:19 PM
Perk10
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I just looked closely at your car and I must say I love the mods. The car looks great. I think the rear end will definitely pull it together. Maybe some "All Red" OEM tails?
Old 07-23-2014, 01:38 AM
PC's 997S
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice car...dude. I'm also new to Rennlist. Variety is the spice of life...and haters should be your motivators!

Enjoy your 997 Juan!
Old 07-23-2014, 02:11 AM
BrakingBad
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts

Welcome Juan.

I've not seen a 5 page introduction thread before so you must be doing something right!

I like your car so far. It really came together well. The only minor complaint I have is the yellow brake calipers. It makes me think...McDonalds.

Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to seeing more.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:48 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,166 Likes on 3,930 Posts

Unless the brakes are PCCBs, I agree on the yellow calipers and probably would have stayed with the OEM red calipers if they were the same color as the red wheels, or maybe gone with a silver to stay with a two-tone exterior color-scheme. Silver behind the red wheels would look pretty sharp. I did silver calipers on my 914 and think they stand out just enough without being over the top. Car looks pretty cool though - I'm interested to see what you end up selecting for the rear decklid & spoiler - maybe a fixed upper wing like that from a GT3 to complement the front bumper treatment with some red sideplates (saw a post on those somewhere recently where they had been powdercoated).

Originally Posted by BrakingBad
I like your car so far. It really came together well. The only minor complaint I have is the yellow brake calipers. It makes me think...McDonalds.
Attached Images  
Old 07-23-2014, 01:48 PM
JuanK20
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Perk10
I just looked closely at your car and I must say I love the mods. The car looks great. I think the rear end will definitely pull it together. Maybe some "All Red" OEM tails?
Thanks man. Yes the rear definietly needs something asap. I'm not sure how i feel about all red tail lights. i've been toying with the idea of getting some dectane LED's. We'll see.

Originally Posted by PC's 997S
Nice car...dude. I'm also new to Rennlist. Variety is the spice of life...and haters should be your motivators!

Enjoy your 997 Juan!
Yes. Variety is a must on any forum. Thanks!

Originally Posted by BrakingBad
Welcome Juan.

I've not seen a 5 page introduction thread before so you must be doing something right!

Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to seeing more.
Haha. Thanks. I appreciate it.

Originally Posted by Petza914
Unless the brakes are PCCBs, I agree on the yellow calipers and probably would have stayed with the OEM red calipers if they were the same color as the red wheels, or maybe gone with a silver to stay with a two-tone exterior color-scheme. Silver behind the red wheels would look pretty sharp. I did silver calipers on my 914 and think they stand out just enough without being over the top. Car looks pretty cool though - I'm interested to see what you end up selecting for the rear decklid & spoiler - maybe a fixed upper wing like that from a GT3 to complement the front bumper treatment with some red sideplates (saw a post on those somewhere recently where they had been powdercoated).

That is an awesome 914. Love it.

As far as the decklid, i did think about a GT3 wing with red endplates, but as of right now, i think i'm going to go with a ducktail.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:58 PM
evoq007
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 9 Posts

Car looks great. I love the red accents on the mirrors and front spoiler. I think it would look awesome if you could get a red accent in the rear of the car to tie everything together.

I just got my ducktail back from the painter yesterday. Plan is to install this weekend. I think if you put a red lip on the ducktail it would look awesome.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:18 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

funny - I hate silver cars too but recently got into an arctic silver GT3
Old 07-23-2014, 03:26 PM
3point8
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I love this thread! I personally think the car is completely gross looking but totally respect the OP's decisions on how to make the car his own. I would have invested in performance mods but to each his own. I think the car is like Charlie Sheen, love him or hate him he gets people talking. You simply cannot look at that car and not have a reaction. To that I say rock on brotha!
Old 07-23-2014, 04:37 PM
JuanK20
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by evoq007
Car looks great. I love the red accents on the mirrors and front spoiler. I think it would look awesome if you could get a red accent in the rear of the car to tie everything together.

I just got my ducktail back from the painter yesterday. Plan is to install this weekend. I think if you put a red lip on the ducktail it would look awesome.
Thanks! Interesting idea. I'll see what i do with the back.

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
funny - I hate silver cars too but recently got into an arctic silver GT3
Congrats man. A GT3 is a different animal so i don't blame you. I'll take one in any color. lol

Originally Posted by 3point8
I love this thread! I personally think the car is completely gross looking but totally respect the OP's decisions on how to make the car his own. I would have invested in performance mods but to each his own. I think the car is like Charlie Sheen, love him or hate him he gets people talking. You simply cannot look at that car and not have a reaction. To that I say rock on brotha!
Haha thanks. Rockin' on
Old 07-24-2014, 07:54 AM
1Carnut
Pro

Received 75 Likes on 47 Posts

After 40 + years of building modified cars and designing one off parts the only thing I am certain of is you will never build something everyone likes! So if you're going to do it, you better do it for yourself. My 39th Porsche (though the local dealers call it a kit car now since it only has about 30% of its original parts still there) started life as a 2006 997S cab and after close to 145K in parts (many 1 of a kind) it is something completely different, It has no traction controls weighs a bit more than my little Abarth bug and can really only be safely driven when the weather is right. It has over 500hp and it is not forgiving. It is worthless (my ex attorney's found that out they were very unhappy) to anyone but me but out of the 400 plus cars I've owned it and my gearshift 430 coupe are my favorites. I learned my lesson with this car and other than the sport design kit and having a thicker steering wheel and the techart paddles put in I have left my Panamera alone though I do have a set of HRE wheels ready for it. I bought the Abarth to satisfy my mod fever. I started doing mods to cars for the same reason I wrote my novels someone told me there was no way I could do what I wanted to do, they were wrong on both counts. Do what makes you happy but keep in mind unless you can undo it what you like makes your car special to you can make your car worth far less to anyone else. OP I see you are 29 heck I wish I could remember 29, Good luck and enjoy your car!
Old 07-24-2014, 09:15 AM
JuanK20
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 1Carnut
After 40 + years of building modified cars and designing one off parts the only thing I am certain of is you will never build something everyone likes! So if you're going to do it, you better do it for yourself. My 39th Porsche (though the local dealers call it a kit car now since it only has about 30% of its original parts still there) started life as a 2006 997S cab and after close to 145K in parts (many 1 of a kind) it is something completely different, It has no traction controls weighs a bit more than my little Abarth bug and can really only be safely driven when the weather is right. It has over 500hp and it is not forgiving. It is worthless (my ex attorney's found that out they were very unhappy) to anyone but me but out of the 400 plus cars I've owned it and my gearshift 430 coupe are my favorites. I learned my lesson with this car and other than the sport design kit and having a thicker steering wheel and the techart paddles put in I have left my Panamera alone though I do have a set of HRE wheels ready for it. I bought the Abarth to satisfy my mod fever. I started doing mods to cars for the same reason I wrote my novels someone told me there was no way I could do what I wanted to do, they were wrong on both counts. Do what makes you happy but keep in mind unless you can undo it what you like makes your car special to you can make your car worth far less to anyone else. OP I see you are 29 heck I wish I could remember 29, Good luck and enjoy your car!
Very true! Thank you. Do you have pictures of your 997S anywhere on this site?
Old 08-23-2014, 07:23 PM
dmz
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always avoided silver cars because I alway though they were too boring. But the OP managed to make it interesting. Props for thinking out of the box!
BTW, where did you get that GT3 bumper? I am looking for one myself.

Quick Reply: I guess i'll introduce myself. New 997 owner.