Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior Door Pull Rattle from HELL....

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 11:23 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Question Interior Door Pull Rattle from HELL....

picked up my 997.2 GT3 a few weeks back. and have since had an incessant door rattle (the interior door pull against the surround)

have removed the door twice... placing self adhesive felt inbetween the door pull assembly and its mounting point.. also have placed felt on the handle between where it touches the door.. but there is still an incessant rattle i just cant kill.

has anyone had this? is there something i am missing or a way to elimiate this death rattle?

from taking apart the door:

all the clips are intact and properly seated
there is nothing loose in the door
i added felt padding to some items but will remove and try something else.
i added felt to the actual handle but i feel it's rubbing/vibrating elsewhere.

any help/advice would be appreciated... luckily removing the door is not that difficult... but i just cannot chase down whats what on the door in the sense of vibrations.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:25 PM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 142 Likes on 111 Posts

My passenger door makes a little rattle noise with the storage door open. Sometimes the passenger seat belt rattles too. Often I just turn up the radio. That also help to drown out some of the voices in my head.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:43 PM
gpjli2
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Someone below posts about handle tensioner spring needing fix. ???
Old 03-06-2014, 12:46 PM
ajayabb
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Riley, I had an annoying rattle that turns out was coming from the door latch. That U shaped thing on the frame was making the sound when the door was latched/closed while driving. I ran some electric tape around that U shaped piece. The door latch now closes to the plastic tape instead of the metal and the rattle disappeared.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:51 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

i took apart the door again today. sanded the back of the handle and cleaned it well and applied felt... it somewhat gone but its the front of the handle against the door.. im thinking maybe to sand down the black piece so the handle could go more onto said black piece...

or just open door (again) and move the whole assembly back slightly... 7 carrera's in and ive never had such a rattle... it's just intense.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:26 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

I recently had to repair my driver door handle. Pulled it one day, and it became loose (though it still worked). There is a part inside which I hear has a habit of being weak. You may need to replace that. The part is here from Suncoast:
http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...T_InteriorDOOR

Quick Reply: Interior Door Pull Rattle from HELL....