Project GT2 & GT3 - Pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 03:09 PM
porka
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project GT2 & GT3 - Pics

Ambitious in logic but certainly attained -

I did not want to clone my car into a GT3 - So purchased my favorite body parts.

OEM GT3 Front End - I am in the process of purchased the GT3 Specific Center rad with all the ductwork. I didn't want the generic 3rd rad kit as it vents air through the bottom of the bumper creating lift at high speeds.

OEM GT2 Rear End with OEM Exhaust Bezels. NR Auto sells a version but I could not pass down on OEM quality. This bumper was only $2,200. I could no believe it as the GT2 Front is closer to 6k.

The toughest part was the exhaust, I have PSE and it took the work of a master fabricator to get the exhaust pipes to exit in the correct location. You can see from the mock fit just how far of it was. One shop said it could not be done without doing away with my muffler for an aftermarket setup. took it to a more innovative fabricator and he got it done! I would highly recommend this guy if you are in the bay area. best welder literally for custom work.

Also custom brackets had to be fabricated to utilize the oem mounting locations. Bare in mind this is a widebody bumper on a narrow body car. It took some effort and money to get the bumper to fit but it does and I am so pleased. I paid extra to get the lower section of the rear bumper painted satin to replicate the oem look.

Here are some quick pictures, I need to get the car detailed and some good quality pics will follow.

Bare in mind this project took nearly 2.5 months!

It involved getting the car trailered to three shops as the car could not be fired up due to the exhaust not being in the correct locations! Effort is an understatement on my end!

Last mod will be a 997.1 GT3RS Wing, trying to find an oem version.

Mike

Attached Images  

Last edited by porka; 02-11-2014 at 02:56 PM.
Old 11-26-2018, 12:23 AM
zdeckich
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what was all done to get the rear bumper to fit? Looks amazing

And yes i know i just bumped at 4 year old thread,

Last edited by zdeckich; 11-26-2018 at 12:24 AM. Reason: added to post
Old 11-26-2018, 01:41 AM
Presto
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 37 Posts

Op is banned so don’t expect a reply. Nevertheless, good work fitting that rear bumper
Old 11-26-2018, 01:40 PM
zdeckich
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Presto
Op is banned so don’t expect a reply. Nevertheless, good work fitting that rear bumper
Ahh ok. that's not good lol.
Old 11-26-2018, 08:25 PM
pilfer
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Aggressive GT body with a rear wiper is a nice touch.

Quick Reply: Project GT2 & GT3 - Pics