Sponsored by:

My Carrera met Sean Freed

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 04:09 PM
swordsmn
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Carrera met Sean Freed

On the basis of several posts here, I decided to use Sean Freed /Freed Performance as my Atl Indy. Plus he's close to my work.

So car was back from a stay at the detailers shop so I decide it's time for:

Oil Change
Replace module that houses spoiler and PSM switches
(A clip was broken that held this in and seller included a new module with the car)
A mini Post purch inspection to ID things I'd need to attend to (Now, Soon, or Eventually). Plus, I wanted someone 911 saavy to drive the car for gut opinion.
Also asked him to install the Rennline pedals, floorboards and track mat. (All but the alum track mat were vanity bling. Track mat was to help my left foot not bind as i move it on off clutch. ) other posts describe my forcep birth injury that leaves me with limited fine motor control of left hand,foot leg.. Left foot is sorta default twisted 25 to 30 degrees left. I am a bit worried about the deadpedal. Thanks to that left foot twist on clutch, the edge of my shoe wants to catch on the bottom edge of the right side of the deadpedal. As a release the clutch.

I discovered this after I left the shop. I might can add screws to make this more flush. But if not it has to go..

So I pushed him a bit to tell me how long I had left on

Brakes. Approx 3-5 thous miles
Clutch. 8-10k. Miles

We also discussed my interest in improved exhaused note
He seems to like doing Fabspeed mufflers.. Then if I get hot to trot on real performance improvements, I can later do cats, something? (I forgot) and ECU. He stated I can do fabspeed adds in stages. I LIKE the idea of starting basic and having option to add toys with out obsoleting stuff

I told him I drove a tricked out 4s once with lightened flywheel, ecu, full fabspeed etc and the bloddy throttle response seemed to go from idle to 4k within 1/1000th of an inch throttle movement. Scared crap out of me. At the time, i had not driven a stock 911. Only a 72 spitfire in 1977. Lol.

So hopefully as I get more seat time in her, I'll consider having Freed do more than stock ( I do so wanna have a badass car). But I don't wanna out-mod the acuity if you will of my left foot. Plus it'll never be an "S" or a GT2 or 3 so why overdo it if I don't track it.

Meh, I'm drifting my own thread. Besides I need to plan for clutch and brake money before I do mufflers etc anyway

He did see evidence of a slight oil leak around the vario cam solenoid seal? on passenger side. Cheap fix next time she's in

Bottom line, I'm a noob I freely admit but I feel in good hands with Freed, so you Atl guys were right.
Attached Images  

Last edited by swordsmn; 12-18-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:12 PM
swordsmn
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are the pedals etc. Drivers side.. I do have floorboard , no trackpad, on pass side
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: My Carrera met Sean Freed