GT2 seat to 12 way power seat swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 09:42 PM
Hatzenbach
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 214 Posts
Default GT2 seat to 12 way power seat swap

Hi,

I have a 2009 C4S launch car with the factory GT2 bucket seats.
For the winter I would like to install 12 way power adjustable seats.
I was wondering if anyone has ever actually done this.

I just read posts for the last hour and there seem to be many OPINIONS if that might work or not (meaning will the seat electrics work), So please no opinions, I am looking for someone who has actually DONE it and can share his experience

Thanks
Old 11-10-2013, 12:20 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 988 Likes on 511 Posts

I've done it. 997.2 C4S with Sport Buckets switched to 997.2 Sport Adaptive Seats. Just did a 997.2 C4S with Sport Buckets to 997.2 Manual Sport Seats with power tilt. One plug under the drivers seat and two plugs under the passenger seat. With the power seats you will not have memory controls. Nothing on the doors for this.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:02 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Hatzenbach
Hi,

I have a 2009 C4S launch car with the factory GT2 bucket seats.
For the winter I would like to install 12 way power adjustable seats.
I was wondering if anyone has ever actually done this.

I just read posts for the last hour and there seem to be many OPINIONS if that might work or not (meaning will the seat electrics work), So please no opinions, I am looking for someone who has actually DONE it and can share his experience

Thanks
I do that all the time, albeit by my indy shop. I go comfort seats for winter, then buckets for summer and back. It's not complicated, but hard as you need to get the seats in and out in awkward angles and for the seat belt you must unbolt it from bottom and run it through bucket seat.
Old 01-21-2017, 10:31 AM
rjshar
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alan C.
I've done it. 997.2 C4S with Sport Buckets switched to 997.2 Sport Adaptive Seats. Just did a 997.2 C4S with Sport Buckets to 997.2 Manual Sport Seats with power tilt. One plug under the drivers seat and two plugs under the passenger seat. With the power seats you will not have memory controls. Nothing on the doors for this.
I have a 997.2 C4S with standard buckets that have ventilation. Does anyone know is if I can go back and fourth between the ventilated seats and something like the GT2 sport buckets or the adaptive sport seats while retaining all functionality and no error codes?

I've searched the forums, but only found people people going from GT2 buckets to regular seats, and they lost memory and other seat electronic functions that they don't have buttons for.

Quick Reply: GT2 seat to 12 way power seat swap