Sponsored by:

Memory Seat Remote position

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 11:55 AM
Dartmouth
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Memory Seat Remote position

My memory seat/mirrors position with the remote key I've programmed together. My issue is without an auto exit upon turning car off and leaving, the seat does not retract to an easy out position. So I programmed the 3 button to retract to the exit out position.
My remote is programmed with button 1/key to move to the driving position when unlocking with the remote. So getting in is a bit tight after unlocking the car. Can you program the key to move to that position after inserting it into the ignition rather than unlocking?
Old 10-18-2013, 12:19 PM
chris.hanle
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why not program the key to the easy exit/entrance and then push another for driving. There might be more button pushing while in the car but not when getting in. As for the last question I do not know. So I am not much help.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:09 PM
Dartmouth
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 65 Posts

Programming the #1 key for exit entrance doesn't help. Upon leaving the car you push the #1 key button for the seat to move back. That leaves it in the entrance position. So unlocking the car the remote doesn't move the seat at all. So that doesn't help. Right now I have the #3 button programmed to move the seat back for exiting. But when ready to enter, i'd like the remote key positon not to move until I put the key in the ignition. With that it should move to the driving position. How do I make that happen?
Old 10-18-2013, 11:04 PM
chris.hanle
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I understand now. I have no answers. Pushing the button every time when you are ready to drive could be annoying. I guess I have not ran into this problem with my seating position yet.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:54 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 125 Posts

The seat memory in the 997 has no provision for such an exit system.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:14 AM
wheeler
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
The seat memory in the 997 has no provision for such an exit system.
I was just about ask that! Because I saw nothing in the manual regarding that when I was programming my seat.

On another note, if any seat had memory, the PASSENGER seat is the one that needs it! Same driver all the time...but my passengers vary in size from my wife to my 6'3'' 15 yo son to my 10 yo daughter.

Quick Reply: Memory Seat Remote position