Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gary Sims passed away

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 08:37 AM
gorton
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was the least I could do, Ken. What I'm now doing is searching here on 'gwsims' and seeing the same great detail that I found in our mutual emails. So I can still glean a bit of knowledge from him, even after his passing.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:32 AM
blake
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Awful news. I used to enjoy his insightful posts. RIP Gary.

-B
Old 06-19-2013, 11:32 PM
PeterIndy
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gary Sims

I have an odd, and to me touching, story about Gary Sims. Never met him or knew much about him but reading his comments on Rennlist led me to register and post this message.

The back story is as follows. I will be a first time Porsche owner and, coinciding with my 65th birthday, have just ordered a C4S, build October with delivery November, so plenty of time to change details of my configuration. I have thus been agonizing over my choices and have surfed numerous blogs seeking the opinions and experiences of others, like many I see on these blogs. I won't detail my particular queries here but one night I kept coming across Gary's postings, with his detailed, thoughtful, authoritative, witty and helpful musings. I began to think this was one cool guy, with his good advice, his back problems, why Power Steering Plus is good for some people (one question I had), his down to earth style. Then, the next night I found this thread and learned he had already passed away. Odd place, the internet. Sort of taken away from me before I even got to know him properly, even electronically. So, in this strange way, I felt rather sad at losing someone I really did not know, who had no true connection to me. Seems like he really did enjoy his Porsche though - and knew an awful lot about it. May he rest in peace.

Quick Reply: Gary Sims passed away