Sponsored by:

Need recommendation for dealer service in north/central Florida

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 07:26 PM
McCulla
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need recommendation for dealer service in north/central Florida

I'm getting concerned that my indy is struggling to find a solution to my CEL issue that has resurfaced after spending about $7000 10 months ago to remedy the situation. That eventually turned out to be replacement of lifters and some variocam parts. I'm thinking that I need another avenue of diagnosis. Please give me any +/- you have for Tampa/St. Pete and Jacksonville. Anyone have any experience with the service dept. at Porsche of Ocala since the ownership changed? Thanks
Old 10-31-2012, 11:06 PM
Mamba
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reeves (Tampa) has always taken care of me. Expensive but they know what they are doing.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:17 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

It's a bit of a trek but Porsche of Destin has always been very competent, they have an excellent Porsche master tech who works there.

Also what codes are throwing the new CEL?

Why did they diagnose your lifters as failing? Were your lifters throwing codes?

I know a Porsche Tech in Pensacola who is extremely competent has his own independent shop (former Porsche tech). I just took my CEL to him, the car had some misfires throwing codes (mainly from sitting for 6 months without being driven). His name is Harry Williams.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:17 AM
McCulla
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Mamba and Para 82, Para, my codes are the 030 (I think that's the group), misfires on all 6 cylinders. These are exactly the codes that were an issue for my last, very pricey pursuit. As you know, there are about a dozen different things that can result in this misfire code group. Your dealer in Destin used to own the Gainesville dealership, but that is no longer the case. It was a 3 week mystery hunt last time and my shop is already 3 days in, new coil packs thrown at the problem and nothing yet, so I'm starting to sweat. Someone else has mentioned Reeves in Tampa as well, the shorter drive may take me there.
Thanks for the suggestions!!

Quick Reply: Need recommendation for dealer service in north/central Florida