Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Convertible & Window Operation.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 01:58 PM
Jason997
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Convertible & Window Operation.

Good day fellow 997 lovers. I have a question about the operation of the windows in concert with opening and closing the convertible top on my 2005 (997) Cab.

When opening the top, (the rear windscreen deflector is installed all the time), the windows go down, the top opens and completes closing, front windows go up, rear windows stay down, or i stop operation and open them all fully, everything seems to work great...

Here is where I have the question:
When closing the top, (wind deflector is installed), the top completes closing and latches, the windows begin to go up...

Most of the time all 4 of the windows go back up as would be expected ... but... As best as I can tell, "randomly" one of the 4 windows fails to close during this process.

I am able to put the stubborn window back up manually, but I can't help to wonder is something wrong in the electronics, or could I have inadvertently pressed or set something that would cause a window to remain open during the closing of the convertible top?

Any advice or technical reading you can suggest is appreciated. (I'm flipping through the owner manual now)

Jason
Old 06-06-2012, 05:50 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

There is quite a bit of discussion on this topic in many boards - try searching the forum for power window problems and you should find the discussions.

I experience a similar "feature" from time to time on my 2010 cab and have to "re-train" my windows to fix it. Usually only my front passenger window, but at times both rear windows. I believe there is something in the owners manual on re-training windows but I can't remember where. Here is what I do to re-train: lower fully and then raise fully the problem window keeping the open/close lever in the closed position for about 15-20 seconds. Then release it and you should be ok. I find I have to re-train some window about every eight to ten top openings/closings. More of an aggravation than anything else. If this does not work for you then you may have something causing a binding within the window mechanism and may have to have it replaced (there are some cab owners who have gone this route while still under warranty).
Old 06-06-2012, 11:13 PM
NA011
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

+1 to what stronbl has to say.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:15 PM
ecostellodo
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

I believe the the car thinks that something is being "pinched" between the window and the frame and stops the window. This happens all the time in my cab. Try cleaning the window channels.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:14 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 124 Posts

Retraining solves 85.3% of the problems.

Quick Reply: Convertible & Window Operation.