Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why I love my dealer....

Old 08-05-2011, 10:26 AM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 215 Posts
Default Why I love my dealer....

Besides the fact they are my car crack supplier.

I've got a PCA DE coming up next weekend so I came into get my inspection and have them install the SSK that's been sitting in my garage for the past few months. I didn't feel like getting a car, going home, and then having to come back in a couple of hours (although they offered), so I figured I'd just work from the waiting area.

No, that wasn't good enough for them...

Thanks Hennessy!
Old 08-05-2011, 11:42 AM
Tcc1999
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

They (dealer staff) must have just returned from the "how to engage your clientele seminar". (Translated, by my sales guy, not me - "How to make rich people feel good about their purchase".) I once decided to wait for a scheduled servicing at a dealer. They didn't give me a nice space to work in but bumped my car to the front of the line and I was out w/i an hour.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:43 PM
tbrom
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hennessy is a great dealer - the best in Atlanta and we have 3. I took my 993 there - they have a master mechanic there that has been working on Porsches for 40 years - they know what they're doing and their parts guy is really good too. I'll be using them when I get another 911. I'm just posturing for that day in a few years! I'm waiting for the new 997.2s to come down in price enough for a guy like me. Targa is my dream car - 2010 model with sports chrono and most likely PDK! Still reading - still a member of PCA, get Excellence, read a lot about my favorite cars. Glad to be here as a new member to enjoy this forum.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:56 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 384 Likes on 268 Posts

Same service from Porsche of Fremont.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:37 PM
DG_Hennessy
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Gravedgr, was nice chatting. let me know the SSK works out!

I have been lurking here far too long! Time to move into active mode.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:50 PM
Slimwear
Advanced

I second the kudos for Hennessy as well and I haven't even bought a car from them yet. I went window shopping there a couple weeks ago and the sales person and I went looking for a 997.1 that was just traded in. This led to a tour of the facility (great service area) and meeting some of the other staff. Really good people. They have performed minor service on some of my cars and I've always been happy.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:28 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 254 Likes on 193 Posts

You are in a rare Minority
Old 08-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 190 Likes on 107 Posts

Next time you're at Hennessy, go into parts and see "Kenn with two N's" and tell him Eric the Plug Guy said hello.

Great guy.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 08-06-2011, 01:19 AM
sclemmons
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I have no Porsche dealer in my community but I have felt the love at Gossett in Memphis and I know I would feel it at Boardwalk in Dallas where I bought my car. It is too bad that BMW has lost that loving feeling for their customers. The BMW dealer in my town is so problematic that rightful BMW customers are buying Audis to avoid the hassle. Think about that for a moment! I believe you buy the dealer, and if you can't stand the dealer, you better love the car. i do not love the BMW enough to buy it despite the dealer. I do love the Porsche that much. Not sure about the Volkswagen factor.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Bullit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sclemmons
I do not love the BMW enough to buy it despite the dealer. I do love the Porsche that much.
Roger that!!
Old 08-06-2011, 12:08 PM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Never publicly say good things about a dealer, and especially never say you love one.

You never know when they'll screw you over, and then look you've told countless people online good things about that dealer that screwed you over.

Wish this pessimism wasn't warranted, but it is. Most dealers.... /sigh
Old 08-07-2011, 04:56 AM
1BlinkGone
Instructor

Originally Posted by yemenmocha
Never publicly say good things about a dealer, and especially never say you love one.

You never know when they'll screw you over, and then look you've told countless people online good things about that dealer that screwed you over.

Wise words.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:45 AM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by yemenmocha

Au contraire. The folks at Hennessy are well aware of how cultivating happy owners (especially those of us who are active online and therefore influence a lot more people than our local sphere of friends) creates both new and return business. As someone mentioned, there are multiple places to get a Porsche in Atlanta; those of us who are happy direct a not insignificant number of new buyers to their store.

And as I've said before, sale has hours, days, weeks, or maybe months to get business; service then has years to keep it or lose it.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:58 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

My dealer (Porsche of Norwell) is very small but the guys/gals working there are extremely friendly and very helpful. When I had my car serviced there earlier this year they hooked me up with a bunch of goodies and had me in and out of there quickly. The service writer also introduced me to both of their Porsche tech's which walked me through the oil change procedure and what to inspect on the car. There are definitely some good dealers out there, you just need to find them and keep giving them your business to show support.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:00 PM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 14 Posts

Nice story. tbrom you say "Hennessy is a great dealer - the best in Atlanta and we have 3." I'm aware of Hennesey and Jim Ellis dealerships. What is the third?

Along these lines, I visited Porsche of Destin last month, just to get a break from the sun. The manger had my car washed. Excellent!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why I love my dealer....