Chevron PRO-GARDŽ Fuel Injector Cleaner With TECHRON

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 12:54 AM
sizquik
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Barcode fail. thanks for the proofread.
Originally Posted by ELUSIVE
I'm guessing your 2006 Arctic Silver Carrera has 18 inch and not 18 foot Carrera 5-spoke wheels.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:57 AM
WaltB
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 67 Posts

BG 44K

Many dealers use it.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:44 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Clifton
If you are going to use it, make sure you perform an oil service shortly thereafter. All cleaners have a tendency to make their way into the oil and subsequently reduce the oil's ability to protect the engine.

I used a bottle in my track car on the drive to a DE. Ran the car hard and changed the oil at the end of the weekend. When I received the oil analysis report, it was the worst one the car had ever yielded. It was bad bad.

From that point forward, I run a bottle through a tank of gas and follow up with an oil service. No bad reports since.
right, hence the chevron only recommends its 2x/oil service.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:20 PM
javocat
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought it might be a good idea to put the question of oil contamination in front of Chevron again. I did that today. Here is the response I received by e-mail:

This is a common concern. Based on decades of testing…We are recommending the use of Techron every >3000 miles along with a maximum treatments of 5 per oil change (with the does rate of 1 oz per gallon). If this procedure is followed no oil change is required as long as the OEM oil drain interval and quality of oil is being followed. That said, it is good practice to use Techron Concentrate before an oil change; that way any carbon deposits that were removed and made it to the engine oil will in fact be removed from the engine at the oil change.

Chris Jackson
Regional Business Mgr, Fuel Additives
Global Lubricants, Chevron Products Company

Quick Reply: Chevron PRO-GARDŽ Fuel Injector Cleaner With TECHRON