Sponsored by:

Another FE thread - problems installing the factory option one

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2023, 02:36 PM
ard
Pro

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts
Default Another FE thread - problems installing the factory option one

I did search read a number of threads but unfortunately none seems to answer my specific question.

I purchased the Gloria FE and ran into trouble installing it when I followed the instructions here. I am hoping someone with the same setup as mine can weigh in.

I have a 997 with the "standard" Sport Seats (not the 18-way adaptive sport seats or "Sport Seats Plus" - mine are manual fore/aft and lower/raise and only the seatback recline is electrically actuated.). The "Reinforcement bracket" I ordered (p/n: 9P1-860-674) does not fit the standard Sport Seat; the holes in the bracket do not line up with holes in the seat pan and the cutout is not wide enough.

Can someone who has successfully installed this FE on a 997 with standard Sport Seats tell me what part number they used? Is it p/n 997-521-843-00? The description (Description: Without sport seats plus, seat cushion components, rear. Without collapsible seats. Rear reinf.) makes me think it is but I don't really want to do this by trial and error (again).

Much appreciate any insights.

Best,

/alex

Quick Reply: Another FE thread - problems installing the factory option one